Penguin Random House Publisher Services (PRHPS) is committed to providing the highest level of sales and distribution services to over 50 independent publishers of all sizes across a variety of publishing
categories. The Client Operations team plays a critical role in the success of these publishers and the PRHPS business overall.
We are seeking an early-career professional to join the PRHPS Client Operations team as an Associate to support the work of the team as well as PRHPS's ever-growing list of client publishers, including Catapult, Marvel, Rizzoli, Seven Seas, and Beacon, among many others.
In this role, you will:
• Assist with day-to-day relationships for the roster of client publishers . Support can include liaising with stock control and the warehouse, troubleshooting metadata issues, answering questions on client-facing systems, helping with documentation and reporting, and assisting with physical and digital production processes.
• Liaise with management on administrative tasks such as scheduling, note-taking, and email outreach.
• Utilize ample resources available (documents, systems, other teams) to solve problems and assist the team in reaching their goals.
• Prioritize tasks based on business needs, while coordinating actions through multiple specialized departments , closely tracking follow-through and communicating results. Tasks may include assisting with remainder sales, inventory clean-up initiatives, and misc. reporting needs.
• Recognize the critical role details play, while also maintaining emphasis on the big picture.
• Contribute to a professional environment in which intellectual curiosity is rewarded, knowledge
is shared, respect is a foundational value, and colleagues can attain a high degree of
psychological safety while functioning at a high professional level.
An ideal candidate has:
• Exceptional written and verbal skills
• Intermediate numeracy (calculations, basic algebra, percentages)
• The ability to work both independently and in a team environment in which some are remote
• The ability to build relationships and communicate credibly and effectively with people at all levels of an organization across multiple modes of communication
• A high degree of comfort with using and learning new technology as well as some professional experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint – in priority order)
• A desire to further develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills .
• A natural curiosity for how things work
• A passion for books and/or publishing
• Some previous professional experience, preferably in administrative or operations roles
The salary for this role is $53,000.00. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus subject to company results.
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3wbvx-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.