Associate Project Manager, Sales
Penguin Random House
New York, NY
Penguin Random House, the leading Publishing house globally, is on a mission to ignite a universal passion for reading by creating books for everyone. We're excited to add to our One World team by hiring an Assistant Publishing Manager. One World publishes some of the most talented writers in the world, from National Book Award and Pulitzer Prize winners to award-winning humanitarians and groundbreaking activists. One World writers represent voices from across the spectrum of humanity telling critical, universally important, and compelling stories about a changing world.
As Assistant Publishing Manager for One World, you'll join a creative and forward-thinking team where you will put your communication and time management skills to great use. This role offers a unique opportunity to learn the operations of book publishing while supporting the Deputy Publisher and working alongside One World's dynamic editors, marketers, and publicists. From acquisition to publication and beyond, you'll get a birds-eye view of the critical steps in the making of a book.
We're looking for someone who is super-organized, curious, and eager to learn and improve the processes that keep us on track. You will be our liaison across multiple departments, will take on special editorial projects, and help execute our imprint's shared goals. This role could take your career in a multitude of directions!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Scheduling and preparation of span meetings like book launch, positioning, and sales conference where our titles are presented and discussed
• Managing timely delivery of critical selling tools like manuscripts, fact sheets, excerpts, and author questionnaires
• Assisting with publishing operations such as tracking galley deadlines, reprints, back-ads and more
• Providing departmental support such as routing materials for approval, ordering books or supplies where needed
We'd love to see that you have:
• 3-4 years of experience within publishing or the media industry, though all will be considered
• Strong project management skills including the ability to multitask and prioritize
• Diligence with deadlines and an ability to foresee and resolve conflicts
• Problem solving skills where you'll not only identify an issue but also be able to communicate solutions and execute accordingly
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills across multiple teams and channels
• Proficiency in PowerPoint a plus but not required
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a global business in a rapidly expanding division where you'll be at the heart of the operations and see how a book is made and taken to market. To be considered, please apply with your resume and cover letter outlining how you could add to the team. We look forward to hearing from you!
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjx731-34-231-147-28-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.