Assistant Production Editor – Penguin Young Readers
Penguin Young Readers Group is seeking an Assistant Production Editor to copyedit and proofread all stages of books, from electronically copyedited manuscripts through blues. Our publishing program focuses on a wide range of books for ages 0 to 18 including board and picture books; licensed tie-in publishing; chapter books, middle-grade, young-adult, and graphic novels; and the popular Mad Libs, Eric Carle, and Who HQ programs. The Assistant Production Editor will also be responsible for copyediting all marketing materials for the Penguin Young Readers division.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Copyedit manuscripts and cover/jacket copy using Track Changes in Microsoft Word.
• Copyedit all circulating Marketing materials for the division.
• Prepare manuscripts for Design by styling text in Microsoft Word according to house guidelines.
• Proofread first-pass layouts and review and correct all subsequent passes.
• Review and fact-check sketches and final artwork for consistency and accuracy, for both fiction and nonfiction books.
• Maintain house style and series style sheets for various in-house and licensed brands.
• Review, circulate, and track proofs and blues, liaising with Editorial, Design, and Production departments.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
• 1 years' related experience, publishing experience a plus
• Strong copyediting/proofreading/fact-checking skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, including Track Changes and other electronic editing skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while maintaining quality
• Familiarity with the Merriam-Webster and Chicago Manual of Style
• Familiarity with current issues surrounding the use of inclusive language
• Proficiency in Spanish a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzpz51-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.