Assistant Marketing Manager/Marketing Manager – TarcherPerigee
The Assistant Marketing Manager/Marketing Manager will support the Marketing Director and the Associate Publisher on bringing new books into the marketplace and helping them find their audience (be it through SEO optimization, influencer campaigns, or advertising), as well as finding new authorities in the Mind, Body, Spirit and Creative Self-Help spaces that we can add to our list. You will have the opportunity to work with many different departments in this role, including publicity, editorial, creative marketing services, and consumer insights, and will be afforded opportunities to learn and grow as we, in turn, grow our publishing program.
TarcherPerigee's mission is to publish books that empower readers to improve their lives. We publish self-help books for new generations: emotional health for finding calm, journals and activity books for finding clarity, spirituality for finding meaning, family and relationship books for fostering connections, social justice for understanding, and a few 'Odd 1s' for the kid in all of us. Our recent bestsellers include Set Boundaries, Find Peace by Nedra Glover Tawwab, the viral confessional journal Burn After Writing by Sharon Jones, both books in James Rallison's The Odd 1s Out series, Aware by Dr. Dan Siegel, and Getting Back to Happy by Marc and Angel Chernoff.
• Work closely with the TarcherPerigee editorial board to identify potential authors and new content
• Review social media data and analytics to discover new talent and evaluate the platforms of current authors and brands
• Collaborate with the Marketing Director and Associate Publisher to bring new books into the marketplace
• Participate in ongoing research across social networks for new authorities in the Mind, Body, Spirit and Creative Self-Help publishing space
• Manage SEO for backlist and frontlist TarcherPerigee titles and assist in making the TarcherPerigee Mind, Body, Spirit and Creative Self-Help brands known in the industry
• Apply knowledge of social media and metadata best practices to books as a marketing and sales tool
• Develop a variety of content for campaigns that includes, but is not limited to, sell-in materials for reps and accounts, social media copy and images, videos, infographics, and email copy for consumer facing promotions
• Engage in branding initiatives for TarcherPerigee and bestselling authors while working closely with the sales team to provide support in the form of materials and communication
• Previous digital marketing experience and social media skills required
• Excellent project management, communication, organizational, prioritization and presentation skills
• Ability to work cross-functionally across the division and within the company and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Book marketing experience a plus
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York City
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 149741
May 26, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy75vp-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.