Product Manager, Commerce
New York, NY
NBC Universal's Peacock is looking for an experienced Vice President of Product Management to join the Commerce Product Team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for developing consumer-centric products and will be as comfortable leading and developing a team as rolling up their sleeves to deliver best-in-class products and experiences.
The Vice President of Product is a leadership role within the Peacock Commerce team and should excel at communication at/across all levels of the organization, be successful at driving delivery, process and structure, and be comfortable in a start-up, evolutionary culture that exists within a larger media organization.
This individual will:
• Work closely with the SVP, Product to develop a compelling product strategy and roadmap grounded in an understanding of Peacock customers and what's needed to differentiate and win in a highly competitive market.
• Develop measurable goals and standards for product planning and delivery. Partner closely with Design, Program and Technology partners to align those goals and build shared incentives across the organization.
• Ideate, design and develop product capabilities and user journeys that help Peacock acquire, monetize, and enable self-service for its consumers.
• Create an environment that fosters high quality, metrics-driven experimentation and leads to impactful improvements with brand-positive business impact.
• Grow and nurture an empowered and autonomous team of product leaders
• Collaborate with Marketing, Strategy, Business Development, Customer Service and Data teams to identify opportunities, refine ideas and enable commercial and consumer outcomes.
• Establish and advocate for repeatable consistent product management processes and prioritizations within and across organizations
• Conceptualize new products and advocate for transformative product experiences
• Own key strategic projects as needed, driving them to successful completion
• Minimum 15 years of experience in product management with a progress in product roles.
• Minimum 10 years of experience successfully leading and managing product teams
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Proven track record owning or playing a majority role in product strategy and development of a large-scale consumer product
• Demonstrated experience developing transactional products, complex systems and working on customer acquisition and merchandising
• Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills
• Proven experience with rapid, iterative research, design, and development
• Exemplary technology understanding, able to gain the buy-in and partnership of local and distributed technology teams.
• A strategic thinker expert at balancing commercial goals with consumer needs and intentions; skilled at building and translating business models and objectives into thoughtful product plans.
• A seasoned team leader with a track record of hiring, mentoring, and empowering a team of product managers
• A compelling combination of data-led and inspirational thinking, with a high-bar for product execution and polish
• An ability to flex from capabilities to growth-minded product development including experience with merchandising, subscriber journeys and transactional and payment products.
• A relentless determination to do what is right for all Peacock customers
• An evangelist with an inventive spirit, capable of advocating for and gaining buy-in for Commerce Product ideas
• A consummate collaborator, who works seamlessly with stakeholders and peers to advance and expand ideas
• An endlessly curious thinker who keeps a close eye on competitor trends, technology developments and emerging best in class products
• A structured and principled thinker who can cut through complexity by creating clear frameworks and scalable solutions
• A willingness to question the status quo and entrenched assumptions to drive forward change
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmx8e2-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.