Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
VP, Communications, Peacock
The Vice President, Communications for Peacock will serve as a strategic partner for the SVP of Communications for Peacock Originals, to whom the position reports. In addition, this creative leader will oversee publicity and awards strategy for top tier scripted and unscripted series, films, specials and documentaries, with a focus on developing and executing one-of-a-kind campaigns inclusive of radio, print, online, social media and broadcast opportunities to generate maximum, positive publicity for Peacock programming.. The candidate must have strong and established press relationships, experience with senior executives, talent and reps, and have led and managed a broad portfolio of successful, creative earned media campaigns. A contagious passion for pop culture, deep understanding of the streaming entertainment landscape, and excellent writing, project management, collaboration, and strategic vision are imperative.
• Lead media strategist, campaign planner and spokesperson for assigned Originals, ensuring that the service and its programming are presented in the most favorable light.
• Foster important contacts with print, online and electronic media and have a strong understanding of social media opportunities and tactics.
• Build and develop comprehensive PR campaigns, manage coordination of print interviews, on-set/virtual visits, junkets, photo shoots and EPKs, and talent relations requests.
• Pitch ideas, create promotional opportunities for talent and original programming, and implement special activities including publicity parties, press conferences and screenings.
• Plan and execute award FYC strategies including asset management, events, budgets and additional innovative campaign tactics.
• Generate all press materials, including announcement releases, bios, captions, talking points, story synopses, pitch letters and correspondence.
• Work closely with program executives, producers, business affairs and legal to garner approval of written materials and campaign initiatives while also developing positive relationships with the actors, publicists, agents, managers, production staff and media
• Serve as a mentor to coordinators and junior publicists within the department.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in leading and executing show publicity and awards campaigns; developing excellent press relationships and pitching, booking and covering national and local media tours; creating written press materials including communications plans, press releases, loglines, biographies, briefing materials, and other related content; managing producers, managers, executives and talent.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Publicity experience at a studio or network
• A team player who enjoys working closely with others
• Experience in television publicity, promoting both scripted and alternative programming is highly preferred
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet numerous deadlines and identify press opportunities
• Strong media and industry contacts with consumer press as well as trade/awards media
• Great creative instincts and ability to handle marketing initiatives along with press strategy
• Solid written and verbal communications skills
• Superior organization and creative skills
• College degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or equivalent
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzkkn7-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.