Sr. UX / UI Designer
Universal City, CA
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal's new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O.
Do you have a passion for helping create the future of entertainment? Do you drive innovative and groundbreaking user experiences? Do you want to work in an innovative, agile team backed by a world leading media company?
We are seeking a Design Manager to help coordinate and deliver on the many initiatives for the NBC One App UX & Design team. The Design Manager will report directly to the Director of User Experience & Design and work directly with business stakeholders across various departments and throughout the company.
As Design Manager you will oversee a variety of projects collaborating with fellow members of the Design, Product, and Engineering Teams to conceptualize, design, prototype and develop business requirements into usable, useful and delightful products.
• Champion User Experience Design Team while collaborating with Product, PMO and Technology Teams to create industry leading digital experiences across mobile, web, and connected devices
• Work with a stable of great designers to help coordinate delivery of premium experiences, from day-to-day operational assets to supporting long design term efforts for innovative new features.
• Maintain relationships and communicate design standards with many groups, including, product, tech, project management, sales, and external teams.
• Manage the day-to-day operational tasks across multiple workstreams including intake, work assignment and progress.
• Coordinate product marketing needs for messaging and app store assets.
• Manage requests and quality assurance of art assets for multiple entertainment brands.
• Participate in requirements definition process with Product, UXD, and Engineering Teams.
• Ensure quality of experience meets our UX standards; collaborate on alternatives when scope or technical implementation challenges arise.
• Contribute to testing criteria for usability studies, A/B & MV testing of products and platforms as part of the design process.
• Maintain and communicate UX|UI consistency of experience across all platforms and brands.
• 5+ years of experience as Senior UX Designer or Interaction Designer with a track record of successfully managing people and processes within a large-scale consumer facing organization or digital agency.
• Understanding of production processes and asset management.
• Expertise with JIRA platform and Agile methodology.
• Experience working with multiple squads supporting parallel efforts.
• Knowledge of additional platforms (OTT, Roku, Samsung, Xbox, Amazon Fire), UX guidelines, design language and interface design is beneficial.
• Knowledge of and skilled in Sketch and Zeplin as part of a delivery workflow.
• A strong, broadly ranging portfolio that includes process, design thinking, and sample UX deliverables. Should also include user interface and interaction design work.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Experience managing designers and design teams.
• Experience in a large-scale consumer-facing organization, preferably in the media space.
• Hands on team player who can handle multiple projects simultaneously of medium to high complexity.
• High degree of creativity and problem-solving abilities.
• Exceptional communication skills: communicate ideas through information & presentations.
• Drive to deliver compelling, best in class experiences for consumers and proven track record working with multi-disciplinary teams.
• Consumer Electronics, Entertainment & Lifestyle Product experience is helpful.