Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
As a UX Writer on our team, you will conceive, define, design, develop, test, and launch vivid and compelling experiences that are contextually relevant, exceedingly useful, and curiously entertaining.
What we're looking for in a candidate:
• You are a brilliant writer with high standards and demonstrated expertise in UX and product design/development, including consumer digital product best practices, technologies, and tools.
• You are knowledgeable about conversational design/UI/AI and have a passion for pioneering and testing concepts in this field.
• You view writing for chatbots with the same zeal as writing a choose-your-own adventure book.
• You can write in different voices and know when to separate your voice from a brand or product voice.
• You care deeply about customer satisfaction and want to bridge company and customer goals in a delightful, positive way.
• You can review and consider data while always studying and listening to the voice of the consumer.
• You are thoughtful, curious, and scrappy. You like to break things and learn fast.
• You are a strong and adept communicator, able to articulate your point of view and engage in fact-based discourse.
• You are fluid, adaptable, and feel at home in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment.
• You are inspired and inspiring-able to leap from small tasks to big concepts and back again without breaking a sweat.
What you will be doing:
• Planning content narrative and writing for digital products, with special focus on consumer journeys, chatbots, search, Help articles, FAQs, programming updates, and error messaging.
• Owning your area of expertise and ensuring all bases are covered when product or programming updates are made across the board.
• Collaborating with leadership, project managers, product managers, developers, UX designers, and specialists to strategize, design, and successfully deliver products to market.
• Building upon and supporting a cohesive, harmonious language system used across the entire product and all Peacock Commerce touch points.
• Present messaging creative to all audiences-formulating and communicating ideas and plans to peers, leadership, and engineering contributors.
• Tactfully balancing inputs from customer care, business, legal, design, research, technology, and external partners, while building strong relationships with key stakeholders.
• Minimum 4 years of industry experience or equivalent as a UX Writer, copywriter, or digital product writer.
• BA in English, journalism, linguistics, or equivalent relevant professional experience. Background in customer care, social media, gaming/toys, screenwriting, improv comedy, and/or theater is helpful.
• Experience writing for UX and UI-chatbots, digital experiences, interactions, complex workflows, or software products. A writing portfolio reflecting that experience, including shipped and currently in-market products, and the ability to demonstrate end-to-end design methodology.
• Familiarity with design tools, including Adobe Creative suite, Sketch, Figma, BotSociety, ChatMapper, and/or other design collaboration and prototyping tools.
• Experience writing for SEO, e-commerce, social media, and/or subscription-based marketing.
• Expertise in rapid deployment and experimentation-metrics, analytics, A/B testing, user testing, and market research.
• An eagle eye for typos and a true love of words and wordsmithing.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33exn-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.