Director, User Experience & Design
Universal City, CA
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal's new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O.
Do you have a passion for helping create the future of entertainment? Do you drive innovative and groundbreaking user experiences? Do you want to work in an innovative, agile team backed by a world leading media company?
We are seeking talented Senior UX Designer to join our User Experience Design team responsible for driving innovative and groundbreaking user experiences across our platforms, products and services. As Sr. UX Designer you will oversee a variety of projects and collaborate with fellow members of the Product and Engineering Teams to conceptualize, design, wireframe, prototype and develop business requirements into usable, useful and delightful products. Sr. UX/UI Designer
• Work closely with the User Experience Design Team, Product and Technology Teams to create industry leading digital experiences across mobile, web, and connected devices
• Work with product managers, project managers, developers and executive stakeholders to define/deliver product experiences related to user profiles and identities across a number of NBCUniversal brands and services.
• Work with the UX team to deliver user journeys, user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, presentations and comprehensively annotated design specifications for internal and external development teams.
• Contribute and lead projects and oversee entire user experience on assigned digital products; Balance complex project plans with multiple work streams and dependencies for the product lifecycle
• Incorporate UX research tools, data, personas, competitive analysis and metrics to help shape user experiences
• Participate in requirements definition process with Product, UXD, and Engineering Teams.
• Ensure quality of experience achieves our UX standards; collaborate on alternatives when scope or technical implementation challenges arise.
• Revise and iterate designs and documentation based on continued user testing and feedback.
• Contribute to testing criteria for usability studies, A/B & MV testing of products and platforms as part of the design process.
• Guide, maintain and communicate UX|UI consistency of experience across all platforms and brands
• Inspire new ideas to the team through expert-level knowledge of competitive and complimentary mobile and multi-platform products.
• 4+ years of experience as UX Designer or Interaction Designer within a large-scale consumer facing organization or digital agency.
• BA Degree or higher in Interactive Design, User Interface or User Centric Design.
• Understanding of responsive design and catering interfaces to their viewport and device.
• Working knowledge of Sketch and Zeplin.
• Knowledge of additional platforms (OTT, Roku, Samsung, Xbox, Amazon Fire), UX guidelines, design language and interface design is beneficial.
• Working experience with Principle, After Effects, Adobe CX, Framer, InVision or related prototype software is important.
• Hands on experience with a variety of user research techniques including user surveys, personas, task and scenario testing, moderated and unmoderated testing.
• A strong, broadly ranging portfolio that includes process, design thinking, and sample UX deliverables. Should also include user interface and interaction design work.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Hands on team player who can handle multiple projects simultaneously of medium to high complexity.
• Experience in a large-scale consumer-facing organization, preferably in the media space.
• Experience with motion UI design a plus.
• Ability to create detailed designs, annotations, working prototypes and presentations.
• Experience leading design teams or guiding the development of junior and mid-level designers.
• Exceptional eye for detail and an in depth understanding of our users' needs and expectations.
• Previous experience designing user experiences that are bundled with application SDKs is highly beneficial.
• Experience with form interactions, sign-up flows, and account creation/management is a plus.
• High degree of creativity, user experience, interaction design and problem-solving abilities.
• Exceptional communication skills: communicate ideas through information & presentations.
• Drive to deliver compelling, best in class experiences for consumers and proven track record working with multi-disciplinary teams.
• Consumer Electronics, Entertainment & Lifestyle Product experience is helpful.