Staff Software Engineer
New York, NY
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal's new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O.
The Senior Project Manager is a member of the Go To Market team, working in tandem with the Partnerships team to ensure the alignment and delivery of all partner programs. These programs may include product updates, partner promotions, events / tentpoles (Olympics) and strategic programming launches (The Office). The Senior PM will assist Partnerships team leadership in project managing specific launch programs. The PM is responsible for adhering to and enhancing Peacock's best in class project management practices inclusive of project planning and charter statements, scoping, timelines, communication matrices, risk registers, and close out/launch processes. This is an exciting role with the opportunity to partner with all of Peacock's business units and deliver Peacock's priority launch programs to the largest video partners.
• Develop and deliver a project management program encompassing all the details of a project to the team members (i.e. charters, communication plan, project teams and RACI, program plans, timelines)
• Create and manage all project deliverables, including weekly status reporting, updated timelines and risk reporting
• Identify project risks and work with Partnerships leadership to build out mitigation strategies to ensure successful project execution
• Partner with working teams to manage interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
• Communicate timely and frequently with all business stakeholders, ensuring program delivery transparency
• Instill calm within project teams and inspire the group to work as a cross functional unit vs. siloed approach
- 4+ years' experience in either the project management or business analysis field
- Experience in creating PowerPoint presentations and decks
- Experience working across all digital media functions, including content, marketing, business development, product, decision sciences, technology, ad sales, and research
- An attention to detail while reviewing project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project requirements
- Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles and negotiate resolutions to complex problems
- Ability to organize meetings including creating pertinent agendas, managing conversations, and summarizing the results into a set of decisions made and next steps
- Experience working with business operational functional, such as customer care and billing, is a plus
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older