Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-performance team of incredible colleagues that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. We work hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Peacock is looking for a senior product manager to join the Content Discovery team. On this team you'll be focused on the core user experience from the time the user opens the app until they've hit play on a piece of content. You'll be asked to think about challenges like: How we present content on the home page (and other top level navigation pages) to spur discovery? How we can help users make informed decisions through content metadata like synopses? And how we can better organize content detail pages to get users to the right episode faster? The ideal candidate will be able to synthesize user research, industry trends and user data to understand the needs of Peacock users. The role requires someone who can work autonomously, has strong organizational and analytical skills, and is a proven collaborator and problem solver.
In This Role, You Will
• Contribute to the vision, strategy, and roadmap for our content discovery team across TV, mobile, and web applications
• Identify and validate opportunities to help users find more content to watch on Peacock
• Work closely with content, editorial, engineering, and design teams to create an easy-to-use streaming service that promotes discovery and drives watch time
• Share requirements across multiple stakeholder groups, receive feedback, and weigh it against the overall product strategy to make appropriate decisions toward requirements refinement
• Prioritize a backlog to assure that highest value development work is delivered
• Set KPIs to measure the success of new customization features, and develop learnings for further advancement
• Collaborate with a cross-functional product team to identify opportunities for meaningful tests and define and carry out a/b testing to validate features
• Create and deliver presentations that explain new features, experiments, and roadmaps
• Help build an open and respectful product culture at Peacock
What You Have:
• Passion to learn our users, their needs, and behaviors.
• Ability as a Product leader to craft a compelling vision and gain support and alignment from cross-functional partners.
• Prior experience working within portfolio management systems (ex: JIRA, Confluence, Asana) preferred
• Experience developing data-driven roadmaps including the use of multi-variant testing to inform decisioning
• Strong analytical skills to evaluate a wide range of detailed information, clearly identifying the pertinent points to determine coherent approaches to problems
• Distinguished written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on documentation that complex subjects simply and clearly
• Formal and informal presentation skills in small and large group settings
• Able to manage several ongoing projects and carry them to completion
• Flexibility to quickly adapt to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
• Detail-oriented; self-starter, accountable, and empowered
• Enthusiasm to be positive, confident, energetic and display a willingness to lead
• An appreciation for TV/entertainment
• A minimum of 5 years of Product Management experience
• Experience with feature A/B testing, metrics analysis and rapid experimentation
• Experience in technology or digital media preferably with consumer-facing products
• Software literacy and comfort with various product tools such as Jira, excel and Adobe Analytics
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $150,000 - $190,000; bonus and LTI eligible
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d83jkm-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.