Senior Video Product Manager
Universal City, CA
Peacock is the place to stream thousands of hours of hit movies and shows, exclusive originals, live sports, news, and pop culture. We need courageous leaders and creative problem-solvers who work hard and want to be at the epicenter of content, tech, and entertainment. NBCUniversal's Peacock is growing, and we're looking for another smart, passionate, and collaborative person to join our team.
We value inclusivity in our content and our people and believe that success is only possible when representing the world around us. So, are you ready to join our flock?
Peacock is looking for an experienced senior product manager to drive the strategy and requirements for our Apple TV devices, acting as the champion and owner of the holistic experience in these ecosystems.
In this role, you will:
• Own and manage integration feature capabilities on Apple TV partner devices
• Work with cross-functional product feature owners to optimize experiences for Apple TV
• Develop the strategy for improving the overall experience and app ratings and maintaining a competitive footing for table stake features on streaming devices
• Identify new potential device platform capabilities that might be leveraged within the Peacock experience, such as Apple Shareplay
• Collaborate closely with Apple TV development teams to prioritize new feature work along with defect resolution
• Partner with development and data analysis teams to pinpoint areas of experience improvements on Apple TV devices to drive greater engagement
• Engage marketing and distribution teams to maximize Peacock's reach on Apple TV devices
• Manage senior stakeholders through the full product lifecycle: from definition to go/no-go decision
• Create and deliver exec presentations that explain experimentation practices, partner product features, and roadmaps, as and when required
• Help build a product culture at Peacock
What you have:
• Minimum 5-7 years of experience developing and managing multiple products at scale, delivering excellent customer experiences and measurable business impact
• Strong experience with and understanding of streaming device platforms and TV app consumption behaviors
• Empathy for the user and how to meet their needs and simplify their lives
• A solid technical understanding to have technical conversations and know when to challenge developers and ask pertinent questions
• Strong analytical skills to evaluate a wide range of detailed information, clearly identifying the pertinent points to determine coherent approaches to problems
• Ability to be a team player willing to share responsibilities, confer with others, help others do their jobs, lead work streams where necessary, and manage and mentor a team of product managers
• A high degree of software literacy and comfort with various project management tools such as Asana, Jira, Trello, or similar, and analytics software
• Understanding of software development concepts and familiarity with Agile or Continuous Integration methodology - able to think holistically while building and learning iteratively
• A College degree in a related field preferred
• Experience in technology or digital media, preferably with consumer-facing products
• Passion for creating innovative and engaging consumer products in the digital ecosystem, focusing on streaming video, social media, interactive television, gaming, etc.
• Experience in the television industry, including business models, trends, and ecosystem of companies that comprise its preferred
• Experience with optimizing user experiences through iterative AB testing
• Experience converting business ideas and research into well-thought-out and timely product releases with an emphasis on customer value, revenue, and performance
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communications with proven ability to work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, Operations & Engineering Leadership to foster shared ownership of product deliverables and shape and refine market-specific agendas
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d21j15-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.