Sr Manager, Experimentation & Growth
New York, NY
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal's new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O.
Sr. Manager, Social Media Insights
This role will be responsible for organic social analytics at Peacock including all brand/show handles. This person will be part of the social team, delivering reporting and insights to both internal team members and external marketing leaders and content creators to drive data-driven decision-making. This person will set the insights strategy, synthesize many different data sources (including 3rd party listening), govern the learning agenda/feedback loop for all social media efforts and create decks that easily and visually communicate insights. This person should be very comfortable discussing data and data-driven insights to data-focused creatives and have years of experience doing so. This person will report into the VP, Social and be 100% focused on social.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Analytics and Storytelling
• Conduct all social media measurement (audience engagement, campaign effectiveness, creative effectiveness, A/B testing etc.), surfacing daily actionable insights for the social teams
• Become an expert on the Peacock social/YT strategy and day to day executions to better offer insights
• Leverage social listening agencies to help the organization stay on the forefront of emerging social media trends for Peacock, associated IP and relevant competitive players
• Synthesize analytics and statistical approaches into easy-to-consume storylines and indicated actions for executive audiences both visually and verbally
• Lead daily/weekly performance deep dives with large groups of social editors and stakeholders
Cross-Functional Collaboration and Leadership
• Champion the use of data and analytics solutions to drive impactful social media strategies
• Provide data leadership to larger analytics work underway with Decision Sciences team
• Help mentor editors to embrace a culture of regular, daily, data-based decision making
• Help organic social team stay in lock step with the goals of the entire Marketing organization by partnering with and understanding the data driving the lower funnel/performance marketing teams.
• Develop understanding and partnerships with other social partners like growth, symphony and NBCU teams.
• Devise and implement test and learn agenda for social media, in partnership w/ cross-functional team
• Drive performance feedback loop to provide timely insights to optimized social media efforts
• Develop and maintain partnerships w/ cross-functional teams to develop and implement scalable solutions resulting from insights
• Become a member of a high performing, highly collaborative social team
• Collaborate with teammates to drive professional growth/skill development and enhance the quality of the work product
• Cultivate a strong cross-functional working relationship between social and data teams
- 5+ years of overall work experience in a social media analytics/insights role with significant focus on organic analytics
-Expertise in social measurement and social listening tools (e.g. Canvs, Sprinklr, Nielsen Social).
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills are mandatory.
-Excellent powerpoint skills are mandatory
-BA/BS in marketing, statistics, mathematics, economics or other quantitative discipline. MBA, or Masters in an analytics related field a plus
-Demonstrated understanding of balancing both the short & long-term business needs
-Exceptional attention to detail in both performing analyses and building presentations
-Strong curiosity, leadership and business acumen
-Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, collaborate and influence