Senior Financial Analyst, Film System
Universal City, CA
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal's new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture. We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O. NBCUniversal is hiring a Senior Manager, Business Intelligence to join a dynamic new team responsible for the Direct to Consumer business.
The Business Intelligence team create and measure KPIs and targets across teams and the business. Working with a separate but close data science team, they will determine the key drivers of the customer, isolating metrics that can be used for acquisition, retention, engagement and lifetime value. By translating the strategy of the business into measurable results, they will quantify each step of the customer journey, then help to create dashboards that team members can access and self serve across the organization. This team will deeply understand the digital television business and how data can help make key business decisions.
This team will have a lot of data at their disposal, so rather than just having great Excel skills, the successful candidate for this position will have the ability to access, process and analyze very large data sets. They will plug in to data lakes and perhaps write SQL queries to gather data, or at times use R for statistical analysis. They will work alongside data scientists to design machine learning models that will determine where value can be identified and opportunities discovered.
• At least 5 years experience in Business Intelligence.
• A deep understanding of analytics, experience with data visualization tools like Domo, Looker, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Omniture, Amplitude, Chartbeat, as well as understanding of product tagging and governance.
• Excellent presentation skills, and the ability to convey complex data results in a simple and concise way, including the ability to make visually compelling decks and dashboards for creative leaders.
• Experience working closely with a variety of other teams.
• Experience using SQL, R, Python and other similar tools to elicit data from very large data sets, as well as to forecast accurately growth and a variety of scenarios
• A history of establishing KPIs and targets, and then working to hit those goals.
• A passion for television and movies.
• Masters degree in a related field preferred