Ad Product & Integrations Specialist
New York, NY
NBCUniversal is looking for a Sr. Manager to support the Ad Impact team within the NBCU sales research organization, Insights and Measurement. The key objective of the Ad Impact team is to measure the effectiveness of advertiser campaigns and sponsorships across NBCU content and platforms. We answer key questions about campaign performance including: How did advertising with NBCU deliver on KPIs and help solve the client's business challenges? Which NBCU content or properties or platforms were the most effective? What are best practices from measurement projects that can be leveraged to maximize the effectiveness of future campaigns?
This role will support measurement of Peacock, NBCUniversal's new streaming service. The right candidate will have a passion for media and marketing, as well as an interest in cross-platform research (TV, Digital and Social). Candidates must also be able to use research and analytics to develop actionable insights and effectively tell a story on behalf of advertisers.
The Sr. Manager will interact with internal clients, advertisers, agencies and vendors to assist in the development and execution of research plans that evaluate overall advertising effectiveness, as well as the impact and benefits of specific campaign elements and ad types.
This person will also play an integral role in the standardization of reporting templates, plus assist in the development of companywide research norms, best practices and case studies.
Day to Day Duties:
• Engage with outside vendors to ensure campaign elements are measured, project milestones are adhered to, and results are delivered within deadlines
• Pull data from research tools and data files from vendors to gather insights about campaign performance
• Create advertiser campaign recap reports that communicate insights in visually compelling formats
• Input campaign results into normative database
• Work with senior Research management in evaluating new research tools and other data sources/vendors to understand capabilities and potential benefits to campaign measurement
• Support VP and Directors of Ad Impact, plus work with stakeholders across the organization
• Collaborate across NBCU Insights & Measurement teams to deliver on organizational needs
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Four-year degree (B.A., B.S.) from an accredited college or university, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Psychology, Media, Math, Statistics, Marketing Analytics or related field
• 3+ years experience in media research with a broadcast or cable network, digital entertainment company, advertising agency, media research provider or data analytics firm
• Experience with syndicated media research tools with a focus on cross platform measurement, including Nielsen systems, comScore, EDO, Phoenix TV and Digital Brand Effect, ListenFirst, Nielsen Social and YouGov.
• Familiarity with modern approaches to TV and digital direct attribution in the media industry
• Experience working with attribution measurement vendors such as iSpot, LiveRamp / Data Plus Math, Nielsen Catalinas Solutions, IHS / Polk and Crossix.
• Prior experience in the ad-tech measurement space preferred
• Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research initiatives that support internal objectives, including writing surveys, managing survey fielding, analyzing banners & crosstabs
• Ability to distill data from a variety of sources into clear and actionable data-driven narratives, insights and recommendations
• Must be well versed in MS Office (formatting, creating charts/graphs, pivot tables and formulas), MS macro is a plus
• Data processing and experience with data visualization tools (DOMO and Tableau) a plus
• Familiarity with SQL database tools a plus
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Strategic thinker with a deep interest in media, analytics and/or marketing
• Story driven problem solver able to interpret and visualize data with client needs in mind
• Highly organized and detail-oriented multitasker
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Naturally curious, resourceful and motivated