Senior Analyst, Data Governance, Decision Sciences
New York, NY
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
As part of the Direct-to-Consumer Decision Sciences team, the Sr. Lead, Data Scientist will be responsible for creating analytical solutions for one or more verticals of NBCU's video streaming service including, but not limited to, the recommender system, automated marketing, personalized advertisement, commerce and revenue optimization systems.
In this role, the Sr. Lead, Data Scientist will serve as an expert in advanced statistical and machine learning methodologies and lead a group of data scientists to create analytical solutions for multiple business verticals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with a group of data scientists in the development of analytical models using statistical, machine learning and data mining methodologies.
• Drive the collection and manipulation of new data and the refinement of existing data sources.
• Translate complex problems and solutions to all levels of the organization.
• Collaborate with software and data architects in building real-time and automated batch implementations of the data science solutions and integrating them into the streaming service architecture.
• Drive innovation of the statistical and machine learning methodologies and tools used by the team.
• Advanced (Master or PhD) degree with specialization in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research or another quantitative field or equivalent.
• 5+ years of combined experience in advanced analytics in industry or research.
• Expert level knowledge of machine learning. Ability to define the direction for a project and select appropriate methods and tools. Up to date knowledge of recent advancements
• Working experience with deep learning, particularly in the areas different form the computer vision. Strong experience with deep learning using TensorFlow.
• Experience implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems using Google Could Platform.
• Experience with Google AI Platform/Vertex AI, Kubeflow and Airflow.
• Proficient in Python. Java or Scala is a plus.
• Experience in data processing using SQL and PySpark.
• Working experience with commercial recommender systems or a lead role in an advanced research recommender system project.
• Experience with reinforcement learning based systems.
• Experience with multi-billion record datasets and leading projects that span the disciplines of data science and data engineering
• Knowledge of enterprise-level digital analytics platforms (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.)
• Experience with large-scale video assets
• Team oriented and collaborative approach with a demonstrated aptitude and willingness to learn new methods and tools
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj85x1-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.