Senior Director, Growth Product & Monetization, Commerce
New York, NY
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal's new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O.
Sr. Engineer, Visual Analytics, Peacock
As part of the Direct-to-Consumer Decision Sciences team, the Sr. Engineer will be responsible for creating a connected data ecosystem that unleashes the power of our streaming data. We gather data from across all customer/prospect journeys in near real-time, to allow fast feedback loops across territories; combined with our strategic data platform, this data ecosystem is at the core of being able to make intelligent customer and business decisions.
In this role, the Sr. Engineer will share responsibilities in the development and maintenance of an optimized and highly available data pipelines that facilitate deeper analysis and visual analytics by the business, as well as support ongoing operations related to the Direct to Consumer data ecosystem
• Wireframes, design, build, test, scale and maintain data visualizations and dashboards from a variety of source systems, according to business and technical requirements.
• Deliver observable, reliable and secure visualizations and dashboards, embracing new a vision and tools to meet business requirements.
• Continually work on improving the visualizations/dashboards and have active participation in all aspects of the team, including agile ceremonies.
• Take an active role in story definition, assisting business stakeholders with acceptance criteria, and leading the team strategy and execution of data driven story telling through visualization.
• Work with Principal Engineers and Architects to share and contribute to the broader technical vision.
• Develop and champion best practices, striving towards excellence and raising the bar within the department.
• Develop solutions combining data blending, profiling, mining, statistical analysis, and machine learning, to better define and curate models, test hypothesis, and deliver key insights
• Experience presenting to executive stakeholders with excellent communication skills
• Know how to utilizes visual analytic tools like Tableau to design dashboards and produce visual analytics summarizing Key Performance Indicators for executive-level reporting.
• Familiar with developing analytical frameworks and roadmaps and provide actionable recommendations for front-end analytics to various teams and departments.
• Programming skills in SQL and experience in writing reusable/efficient code to automate analysis and data processes
• Experience in processing structured and unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis and reporting with integration with a variety of data metric providers ranging from advertising, web analytics, and consumer devices
• Comfortable with presenting and communicating final outputs to technical and non-technical audiences in a clear and concise manner.
• Experience in progressive data application development, working in large scale/distributed SQL, NoSQL, and/or Hadoop environment.
• Knowledge of developing data catalogs and data cleanliness to ensure clarity and correctness of key business metrics
• Keep up-to-date on strategies, trends, initiatives, and best practices within the company and competitive landscape.
• Understand visual analytics and dashboard design best practices
• Bachelors' degree with a specialization in Business, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, other quantitative field or equivalent industry experience.
• Knowledge of reporting platforms and/or tools (e.g. Tableau, etc.)
• Tableau certifications
• Experience and/or knowledge with SQL
• Strong Test-Driven Development background, with understanding of levels of testing required to continuously deliver value to production.
• Experience with large-scale media companies
• Ability to work effectively across functions, disciplines, and levels
• Team-oriented and collaborative approach with a demonstrated aptitude, enthusiasm and willingness to learn new methods, tools, practices and skills
• Ability to recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialogue to resolve them
• Pride and ownership in your work and confident representation of your team to other parts of NBCUniversal