New York, NY
Peacock is the place to stream thousands of hours of hit movies and shows, exclusive originals, live sports, news, and pop culture. We're in need of courageous leaders and creative problem-solvers who work hard and want to be at the epicenter of content, tech, and entertainment. NBCUniversal's Peacock is growing, and we're looking for another smart, passionate, and collaborative person to join our team.
We value inclusivity in our content and our people, and believe that success is only possible when we represent the world around us. So, are you ready to join our flock?
The Senior Director role oversees Peacock's Go To Market team, which is responsible for program delivery across Peacock's strategic launches, including content, events, partnerships and distribution launches. This role facilitates communication and synergy across the business focused functions within Peacock and also partners with the Technology Delivery team to ensure project cohesiveness with the technology focused workstreams.
The Senior Director will manage a team of Senior and Junior Project Managers, mentoring and instilling best in class project management practices. We are looking for an senior leader who is experienced in managing large sized projects with multiple workstreams, an innate ability to instill hive mentality within a cross functional team, a proven track record of delivering multiple projects, while managing a growing team of PMs. It's critical that this role is able to quickly adapt to the needs across multiple program and consistently produce high quality deliverables for all levels of the business organization.
• Set-up and establish structure to manage and report on multiple large scale projects
• Establish weekly cadence with key stakeholders to review detailed progress on specific projects while also maintaining and reporting out the macro view across all active projects
• Support project in-take and prioritization processes, ensuring we are working on the right projects, in the right order, and driving maximum value to the business
• Lead the continuous improvement of PMO methodologies, standards, tools, and policies. Train and instruct all business units and Project Managers on how to use selected toolsets
• For highest priority projects, hands-on management of key deliverables including establishing a project structure, creating project tracking materials, managing SteerCo rhythms, launch readiness, and project retrospectives
• Manage and mentor team of project managers, of varying levels
• Analyze all team work performance and ensure achievement of all objectives within required deadlines
• Assist PMs with managing conflicts, recognizing and mitigating risks, and establishing cross functional communication
• Timely elevation of risks and blockers to direct management team (VP of GTM) to ensure quick resolution
• Instill calm within project teams and inspire the group to work as a cross functional unit vs. siloed approach
- 10+ years' experience in either the project management or business analysis field
- You possess a strong sense of ownership, deep knowledge of planning practices, and broad PMO and leadership experience
- Use strong technical and business acumen to manage risk and escalate impediments through a defined process for faster decision making.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to take a broad view of the business, industry, and environment to anticipate and plan for future
- Proven experience of embracing and initiating change. Can distinguish what to preserve and what to change
- Able to build collaborative relationships across functions based on trust and respect. Promotes the inclusion of diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences to achieve results
- Experienced in creating PowerPoint presentations and decks for an executive audience
- Experience working across all digital media functions, including content, marketing, business development, product, decision sciences, technology, ad sales, and research
- An attention to detail while reviewing project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project requirements
- Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles and negotiate resolutions to complex problems
- Ability to organize meetings including creating pertinent agendas, managing conversations, and summarizing the results into a set of decisions made and next steps
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field