Sr. Analyst, Product and Revenue Analytics
Universal City, CA
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
NBCU Entertainment is looking for a motivated Sr. Director, Data Engineering that can deliver results in a fast-paced environment. In this position, you will lead all Data Engineering & Business Intelligence initiatives for NBCU Entertainment networks including NBC, Bravo, SyFy, USA, E! and Telemundo.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data leader who has previous success leading a data transformation at a large organization. This person should be comfortable both defining the overall Data architecture as well as outlining a vision for future Data Engineering initiatives. This candidate will also have had success in building and maintaining teams capable of using Data Engineering to solve complex problems across areas such as forecasting, marketing, product, and monetization. This Data Engineering team will also be expected to deploy machine learning models at scale for consumer facing products with millions of users.
• Help hire, manage, and lead a team of Data Engineers and Business Intelligence Analysts. Mentor the team to develop a culture of ownership and delivery.
• Lead the build out and optimization of a cloud-based Data Lake, Data Warehouse, and File System. Work closely with on-site and off-shore teams to build out ETLs to support Business Intelligence initiatives. Provide technical support and guidance for key architectural decisions including real-time processing, distributed computing, & containerized solutions.
• Lead the build out of standardized reporting for multiple groups within the organization. Create requirements for new data sources and ETL for new reports. Help QA and ensure business definitions are accurate.
• Partner effectively and earn trust with stakeholder teams. Take ownership of priorities and ensure that the team deliver results on time. Develop a deep understanding of KPI's that affect each group. Provide entrepreneurial guidance based on findings.
• Create, define, and document processes and analyses. Help drive data governance initiatives within the organization.
• Bachelors or Masters degree required from a quantitative field from such as Data Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics
• 7+ years of applied experience in Data Engineering and/or BI.
• 5+ years managing teams of data professionals
• Experience with analyzing large datasets and building models using SQL, R, and/or Python.
• Experience working on AWS eco-system and services such as S3, EC2, EMR, Glue, Redshift and/or Snowflake Datawarehouse
• Knowledge in distributed processing frameworks such as Spark and/or Hadoop.
• Knowledge on any of BI platforms – Domo, Tableau, Microstrategy and/or Business Objects
• Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to partner and earn the trust of constituents.
• Expert at integrating 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data.
• Strong management skills and proven track record of talent development
• Excellent communication skills and ability to influence others through storytelling
• Experience interfacing and servicing senior executives from across a variety of disciplines including analytics, creative, technical and operations.
• Experience in large media, technology, ecommerce, or other subscription-based company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk3n3q-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.