Manager, Social Media--Sports
New York, NY
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights! The Senior Director, Communications will help lead communications and media relations initiatives specifically for sports offerings on Peacock. The Senior Director will be critical in strategically defining, creating and executing high-impact campaigns that will generate quality earned media across channels via business, trade, executive, entertainment, tech and consumer press. The candidate must have established press relationships and a portfolio of successful earned media campaign coverage. The ideal candidate will be a creative, motivated self-starter with incredible attention to detail, a team-focused attitude and a solutions-oriented approach.
• Lead the development and execution of internal and external strategic communications campaigns and events.
• Develop and maintain the Peacock narrative and prepare story ideas that highlight advantages and successes for industry and consumer audiences.
• Serve as a communications liaison with key internal partners and industry trade associations.
• Write and distribute press releases and announcements, talking points, executive bios and other communications materials.
• Identify high visibility opportunities for Peacock leadership that strategically align with and support business and communications goals.
• Prepare and staff executives for media interviews, press events and speaking opportunities.
• Provides strategic communications partnership with business leaders across the company to prepare communication plans, messaging, and speeches.
• Leverage established relationships with key industry reporters and proactively tailor and pitch stories.
• Work collaboratively with communicators across the NBCUniversal portfolio on projects and events.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 10+ years of experience in Sports or News communications and/or media relations
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills required
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Highly organized, self-starter capable of managing several projects simultaneously
• Strong writing and editing skills with impeccable attention to detail
• Demonstrated interest and background in entertainment, media, news, communications or media relations
• Excellent relationships with print, online, and broadcast media
• Ability to exercise a high level of discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rznm4n-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.