Sr. Product Manager, One App
Universal City, CA
Peacock is the place to stream thousands of hours of hit movies and shows, exclusive originals, live sports, news, and pop culture. We're in need of courageous leaders and creative problem-solvers who work hard and want to be at the epicenter of content, tech, and entertainment. NBCUniversal's Peacock is growing, and we're looking for another smart, passionate, and collaborative person to join our team.
We value inclusivity in our content and our people, and believe that success is only possible when we represent the world around us. So, are you ready to join our flock?
• Provide strategic direction and architectural leadership for NBC Entertainment's cloud-based backend systems
• Set priorities and coordinate projects and resources to align with business goals.
• Manage the design of new software initiatives
• Review and improve existing systems and constantly improve performance and scale while attempting to reduce complexity and cost
• Manage system, infrastructure and systems monitoring tools and process to proactively identify and resolve problems in the production environment
• Build and maintain relationships with other internal support groups and vendors
• Manage and design system integrations with internal technical groups and vendors
• Ensure corporate security standards are met or exceeded for NBC Digital's production systems
• Lead the planning and implementation of new systems and integrations into production usage including scaling, performance, and load testing
• 3+ years leading a technical team. Leading multiple teams highly desired
• 7+ years of experience in technical roles
• 5+ years of experience with designing and implementing cloud based infrastructure
• 5+ years of experience designing and implementing software engineering efforts for large scale internet applications
• Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to perform under pressure
• Demonstrated ability to manage critical situations and guide efforts with technical partners and vendors for successful delivery
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Detailed understanding of technical dependencies between backend systems and front-end applications
(note job #: )
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Bachelor's degree preferred