Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs
New York, NY
Peacock is the place to stream thousands of hours of hit movies and shows, exclusive originals, live sports, news, and pop culture. We're in need of courageous leaders and creative problem-solvers who work hard and want to be at the epicenter of content, tech, and entertainment. NBCUniversal's Peacock is growing, and we're looking for another smart, passionate, and collaborative person to join our team.
We value inclusivity in our content and our people, and believe that success is only possible when we represent the world around us. So, are you ready to join our flock?
This position will serve as the main legal point of contact and provide legal support for a wide variety of software and related technology licenses, as well as new media distribution agreements, for the Direct-to-Consumer & Digital business including Peacock. This role will report to the division's Vice President.
• Independently draft, review, negotiate and interpret a range of contracts and other legal documents, including software and technology licenses for use in connection with the service and with Digital Enterprises properties.
• Work closely with distribution executives to strategically plan, negotiate and draft the agreements relating to the distribution of the service and Digital Enterprises properties in various new media outlets.
• Coordinate with Privacy and Information Security teams to ensure personal data and confidential information is collected, used and secured in accordance with the law and company policy.
• Provide timely and thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues, and propose practical, responsive solutions.
• Maintain an awareness and understanding of the latest developments in the law and technology as they relate to the exploitation of content in digital media.
• Identify and implement improvements to forms and processes.
• Partner with NBCUniversal business executives, as well as colleagues in the Law Department, to discuss and implement best practices and formulate new processes in connection with business needs.
• Other matters as needed at the direction of the division's Vice President.
• Member of New York bar or other U.S. state bar.
• JD or LLM degree from an accredited law school.
• 7+ years of relevant legal experience.
• Experience in digital / new media, including a thorough understanding of and demonstrated proficiency with the technology and distribution agreements.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered and must be willing to submit transcripts.
• Willingness to work nights and on weekends, if needed.
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Strong academic credentials.
• Outstanding analytic, communication and organizational skills, including excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
• Collaborative, team-oriented approach.
• Comfortable making legal decisions and advising on business risks.
• Sound business judgment, and flexibility/adaptability to manage multiple, wide-ranging matters, conflicting deadlines, and new areas of expertise as business needs change.
• Proactively identify, prioritize and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively.
• Demonstrated ability, in a positive and practical manner, to approach complex legal scenarios in a thoughtful and analytic fashion.
• Ability to explain complex legal concepts to business and creative executives, build consensus across business units, think creatively, and collaborate with other executives to address business needs.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw84zp-3-87-33-97-42 in your application.