Lead Data Scientist, Video Quality
New York, NY
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal's new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O.
Peacock is seeking a Senior UX Prototyper to evolve and elevate the experience of watching entertainment, live events, kids, news and sports content in and out of the home. As part of the product team, you will collaborate with design, product, technology, marketing, data, and insights teams to elegantly solve problems for users while driving business value. You are a tinkerer, you like to build things, you like to experiment with the latest trends. You're someone who stays on the cutting edge, is comfortable problem solving on your feet.
What you will do:
• Produce interactive prototypes to assist in user research and feature development.
• Able to translate UX documents (flows, wires, comps) into functioning prototypes for multiple platforms. Including TV, iOS, Android and web.
• Build prototypes across a range of visual fidelity and complexity utilizing different tools, platforms, and programming languages.
• Collaborate daily with product managers, product designer, and user research in order to understand team goals for developing prototypes for user validation.
• Be able to translate design thinking to client teams.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at once.
• Build and maintain reusable frameworks and libraries to enable rapid iteration on high fidelity prototyping.
• Always staying on top of the latest industry trends and advising the product and design teams.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Design, or equivalent practical experience.
• 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
• Portfolio of relevant work.
• Experience in UI development; working closely with designers.
• Strong experience with a variety of platforms, languages, and tools such as:
• Experience building software prototypes on proprietary hardware.