VP, Media Relations
Universal City, CA
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal's new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So, if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O.
Senior Manager, Publicity, Peacock
The Senior Manager will be responsible for ideating and implementing overall Peacock awards strategy, encompassing scripted and unscripted Originals as well as sports and news programming. The ideal candidate will have experience developing a comprehensive plan that will guide overall strategy. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the creation of a bespoke FYC site and generating out-of-the-box virtual and/or IRL events in support of awards tactics. The Senior Manager will work closely alongside the SVP and marketing team to create the look and feel of the ad campaign. The successful candidate will also be responsible for developing strong contacts with print, online and electronic media in the awards space in addition to developing strong relationships with guilds and organizations.
Additionally, the Senior Manager of Publicity will create and execute full media campaigns for Peacock original movies and series. Including drafting plans, releases, loglines, talking points, Q&A, bios and more, pitching and planting stories, managing and staffing interviews and events, and compiling and presenting comprehensive campaign coverage and analysis.
• Develop overall Peacock awards campaign for original series, movies, news and sports programming
• Maintain positive relationships with talent, producers, publicists, agents, managers, production staff, media and executives
• Foster strong contacts with print, online and electronic media as well as awards guilds and organizations
• Implement special promotional activities including publicity events, press conferences and screenings as a part of awards tactics
• Possess a strong understanding of and experience with social media
• Work closely with marketing creative teams on FYC site and branding campaigns
• Manage hired consultants and agencies in executing overall Peacock awards strategy
• Develop and execute strategic press campaigns for assigned Peacock original shows and movies.
• Coordinate print interviews, on-set visits, photo shoots and EPKs.
• Generate press materials for assigned series, including announcement releases, bios, loglines, talking points, story synopses, pitch letters and correspondence.
• Work closely with day to day programming executives, producers, business affairs and legal on assigned series
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in publicity handling shows and/or projects
• Minimum 4 years of experience pitching, booking and covering national and local media interviews when necessary
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with awards campaigns and/or projects
• Minimum of 3 years of experience at a studio
• Minimum 3 years of experience creating written press materials
• Minimum 3 years of experience working with and gaining the confidence of producers, manager, executives and talent
• College degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or equivalent
• A team player who enjoys working closely with others
• Experience in television publicity, promoting both scripted and alternative programming is highly preferred
• Ability to juggle and meet numerous deadlines and identify press opportunities
• Strong media and industry contacts
• Solid written and verbal communications skills
• Superior organization and creative skills