Associate, Content Operations
Universal City, CA
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
NBC Universal is hiring a Senior Manager of Editorial Operations to help shape workflows and shepherd key projects for the Platform Editorial team at our direct-to-consumer streaming service, Peacock. We are looking for a cool-headed candidate with a track record of designing processes to solve complex challenges, governing cross-functional workstreams and managing projects to completion.
The Platform Editorial team is tasked with driving viewership, curating content for a wide variety of audience segments and ensuring the readiness of the streaming library by managing a constantly expanding catalog of titles that spans entertainment, sports, anime and numerous languages. It is a 24/7 operation responsible for updating based on performance, programming tactics and events unfolding in real time while working in coordination with globally distributed colleagues in technical, marketing and partner teams.
The role of Senior Manager, Editorial Operations will wear multiple hats, having responsibilities ranging from product enhancement tracking, multi-language publishing improvements and strategic problem-solving. The successful candidate will bring hands- on experience working with streaming media, a familiarity with product roadmaps and a demonstrated ability to serve multiple stakeholders. They will also carry a sense of personal responsibility for the excellence of their work and a keen interest measuring the performance of their efforts.
• Ability to understand and document evolving editorial procedures including multi-team workstreams using tools such as Airtable, JIRA, and Sharepoint
• Support all verticals within the Editorial umbrella including Partner, Video and Operations groups in order to plan as well as problem solve
• Track enhancements being made to the product while collaborating with product and tech teams to gather requirements needed for improvements
• Support editorial priorities and plan crucial launches such as The Office, WWE, and the Olympics while communicating overall strategy and ensuring goals are aligned with larger marketing efforts
• Manage and enforce timelines to maintain sponsor and partnership opportunities
• Present project status to executive leadership and stakeholders to provide transparency and ensure objectives are being met
• Minimum 3 years of working in digital media
• Ability to support an ever-changing content pipeline 7 days a week.
• Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills.
• Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills with the ability to work flexibly across departments as well as manage internal and external partners in a dynamic environment
• Ability to operate independently and manage multiple projects
• Working knowledge of MVPD, OTT, and SVOD publishing procedures, administration protocols and industry trends
• A history of establishing KPIs and targets, and then working to hit those goals.
• Ability to work at 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York or Universal City, Los Angeles, CA.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyk53q-54-161-98-96-42 in your application.