New York, NY
Peacock is the place to stream thousands of hours of hit movies and shows, exclusive originals, live sports, news, and pop culture. We're in need of courageous leaders and creative problem-solvers who work hard and want to be at the epicenter of content, tech, and entertainment. NBCUniversal's Peacock is growing, and we're looking for another smart, passionate, and collaborative person to join our team.
We value inclusivity in our content and our people, and believe that success is only possible when we represent the world around us. So, are you ready to join our flock?
Senior Director, Communications, Peacock
The Senior Director of Communications will lead and support communications and media relations initiatives for Peacock's content, platform and corporate reputation. Reporting to the East Coast Vice President, the Senior Director will be a key member of the East Coast communications team and strategically build and execute multi-platform campaigns that will generate high-quality earned media across channels for Peacock's content as well as Peacock as a platform. Content to promote will include acquired content, live sports, news, Spanish language content, as well as library tentpoles and deep catalog of shows and movies. The candidate must have experience leading publicity campaigns and a portfolio of successful earned media campaign coverage and analysis. Ideal candidate will be a creative, motivated self-starter with incredible attention to detail, a team-focused attitude, and a solutions-oriented approach.
Essential Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in the strategic development and execution of comprehensive communications plans for Peacock content across a range of genres and formats - acquired content, live sports, news, Spanish language content, as well as library tentpoles and deep catalog of shows and movies.
• Foster strong contacts with print, online and electronic media.
• Pitch ideas and create promotional opportunities for talent and series.
• Generate press materials, including announcement releases, bios, captions, talking points, story synopses, pitch letters and correspondence.
• Work closely with program executives, producers, business affairs and legal to garner approval of written materials and campaign initiatives.
• Promote, create and implement special promotional activities including publicity parties, press conferences and screenings. Bring enthusiasm to event planning.
• Possess a strong understanding of and experience with social media.
• Coordinate print interviews, on-set visits, photo shoots and EPK where relevant.
• Collaborate cross functionally to maximize content promotion opportunities
• Within Peaocck, create synergistic opportunities through marketing, publicity, symphony and business partnerships.
• Throughout NBCU, form and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
• Help ensure that our executive, brand, IP, expertise and differentiators show in the right places at the right time, remaining top of mind for internal and external audiences.
• Write and distribute press releases and announcements, talking points, executive bios and other communications materials.
• Prepare business leaders for media interviews, press events and speaking opportunities.
• Actively monitor competitive and media landscapes to identify press and thought leadership opportunities for executives and subject-matter experts, secure stories with media, appearances in key strategic industry events and address any inaccuracies.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 10+ years of communications/publicity experience in media, entertainment and/or distribution
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Strong media relationships with industry and trade outlets
• Must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a professional attitude
• Must be able to collaborate with cross-functional teams
• A proactive multi-tasker, with the ability to prioritize and meet numerous deadlines
• Attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
• Demonstrated interest and background in entertainment industry
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93ok7-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.