Senior Design Manager
New York, NY
Peacock is the place to stream thousands of hours of hit movies and shows, exclusive originals, live sports, news, and pop culture. We're in need of courageous leaders and creative problem-solvers who work hard and want to be at the epicenter of content, tech, and entertainment. NBCUniversal's Peacock is growing, and we're looking for another smart, passionate, and collaborative person to join our team.
We value inclusivity in our content and our people, and believe that success is only possible when we represent the world around us.
As a Production Designer on our team, you will collaborate with Product and Engineering colleagues to define, design, develop, test, and launch vivid and compelling experiences that are contextually relevant, exceedingly useful, and curiously entertaining.
What we're looking for in a candidate:
• You are an up-and-coming designer with relentlessly high standards and aspirations to deeply understand every aspect of UX and product design.
• You are self-starting, requiring minimal guidance to chase after a problem and understand how best to serve our users and stakeholders.
• You are thoughtful and like to learn: open to criticism and cross-team collaboration.
• You look at the data and listen to the voice of the consumer.
• You are fluid and adaptable-able to work on multiple tracks and pivot from one project to another.
What you will be doing:
• Work with design leads to create and deliver end-to-end UX for high-value, consumer-centric digital products.
• Manage assets and content on a schedule that you maintain. Source, crop, optimize, and publish a variety of content types, such as video clips, motion graphics, and bitmap imagery.
• Publish updates via an internal content management system that requires a level of technical proficiency with HTML front-end styling.
• Be a watchful eye of design systems, patterns, best practices–helping along the way to mature our process and caliber of implemented designs.
• Present creative to all audiences. Formulate and communicate ideas and plans to peers, leadership, and engineering contributors.
• Balance inputs from business, design, research, technology, and external partners. Create a network of cross-functional partners. Build rapport and earn trust.
• Collaborate with fellow designers, marketers, product owners, and engineers to successfully deliver products to market.
• Minimum 3 years industry experience in the field as a Digital Designer
• An online portfolio reflecting that experience, including shipped and currently in-market products, and demonstrating end-to-end design methodology
• Capable expertise with leading design tools, including the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, Sketch, Figma, and other collaboration and prototyping tools
• Demonstrated expertise and experience designing for web, mobile, and other application platforms.
• Visual design expertise and an attention to detail