Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Peacock is looking for a dynamic product manager to build and oversee capabilities for Search and make it easy for users to connect with content that they love.
This is an opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and ambitious initiative to shape the future of TV.
In This Role, You Will
• Drive a vision and strategy for the search experience
• Create and maintain a roadmap to build upon search capabilities
• Provide subject matter expertise on industry leading search technologies
• Understand and leverage metadata models and sources to best leverage and build new capabilities
• Evolve and expand search to allow for new methods of content discovery
• Partner with the Decision Sciences, Data Science, Engineering and Design teams to maximize the potential of search features
• Prioritize a backlog to assure that highest value development work is delivered
• Set KPIs to measure the success of new features, and develop learnings for further advancement
• Collaborate with a cross-functional product team to identify opportunities for meaningful tests and define and carry out a/b testing to validate features
• Create and deliver presentations that explain experimentation practices, new features and roadmaps
• Help build a product culture at Peacock
What You Have
• Passion to learn our users, their needs and behaviors.
• Comfortable working in uncertainty, while shaping clarity for the team
• Ability to clearly identify the tradeoffs of product KPIs and decisions
• Experience working with metadata-driven features.
• A desire to work closely with data scientists, engineers and internal/external stakeholders.
• Distinguished verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Able to manage several ongoing projects and carry them to completion.
• An appreciation for TV/entertainment
• Strong analytical skills to evaluate a wide range of detailed information, clearly identifying the pertinent points to determine coherent approaches to problems
• Flexibility to quickly adapt to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
• Enthusiasm to be positive, confident, energetic and display a willingness to lead
• Bachelor's degree in technical or analytical field, or equivalent work experience
• 3-5 years working as a Product Manager in an agile environment
• Experience with feature A/B testing, metrics analysis and rapid experimentation
• Experience in technology or digital media preferably with consumer-facing products
• Experience converting business ideas and research into well-thought-out and timely product releases
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment
• Software literacy and comfort with various product tools such as Jira, excel and Adobe Analytics
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3k174-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.