Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
The personalization team strives to anticipate the right content for each user based on their individual interests and identity.
As a global product manager, you'll work on capabilities that aid the overall personalization effort to provide 1-1 recommendations throughout the product, with a focus on the global user and content needs.
In This Role, You Will
• Develop a deep understanding of the global user's needs and behaviors
• Build machine learning powered recommenders that address each stage of the user lifecycle
• Prioritize features based on user data and strategic importance
• Compare and contrast the value of different recommenders to determine the best fit for new features.
• Define and carry out a/b testing to validate features
• Partner with the Data Science and Technology teams to maximize the potential of new capabilities
• Collaborate with a cross-functional product and business team to identify new opportunities for personalization and content discovery
• Make complex ideas simple so they can be easily shared throughout Peacock
• Create and deliver presentations that explain experimentation practices, recommendation capabilities and roadmaps
• Help build a product culture at Peacock
What You Have
• Passion to learn our users, their lifecycle and behaviors.
• Comfortable working in uncertainty, while shaping clarity for the team
• Ability to clearly identify the tradeoffs of product KPIs and decisions
• Experience working with features that are powered by machine learning
• A desire to work closely with data scientists, engineers and internal/external stakeholders.
• Distinguished verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to manage several ongoing projects and carry them to completion.
• An appreciation for TV/entertainment
• Strong analytical skills to evaluate a wide range of detailed information, clearly identifying the important points to determine coherent approaches to problems
• Flexibility to quickly adapt to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
• Enthusiasm to be positive, confident, energetic and display a willingness to lead
• Bachelor's degree in technical or analytical field, or equivalent work experience
• 3-5 years working as a Product Manager in an agile environment
• 4+ years working in Data Science, Marketing Analytics or related data-intensive field
• Experience with feature A/B testing, metrics analysis and rapid experimentation
• Experience in technology or digital media, preferably with consumer-facing products
• Experience converting business ideas and research into well-thought-out and timely product releases
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment
• Software literacy and comfort with various product tools such as Jira, excel and Adobe Analytics
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rekn01-3-236-28-137-42 in your application.