Peacock, NBCUniversal's streaming service, is seeking a Principal Product Designer to evolve and elevate the experience of watching entertainment, live events, kids, news, and sports content in and out of the home. As part of the product team, you'll focus on user-centered design principles and a ''don't make me think'' understanding of usability to concept and create UX/UI solutions across TV platforms across the globe.
• You are a seasoned designer with relentlessly high standards and deep operational knowledge and expertise in every aspect of UX and product design.
• You are thoughtful and like to learn. You are fully versed in consumer digital product best practices, technologies, and tools.
• You look at the data and listen to the voice of the consumer.
• You identify the most impactful concepts and push them through a rigorous course of critical evaluation, execution, implementation, experimentation, and release.
• You are a storyteller and strong communicator, able to articulate your point-of-view and engage in fact-based discourse.
• You are scrappy, driven, and the natural owner of both big ideas and practical daily output.
• You feel most at home in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment.
• You are fluid and adaptable-able to work on multiple tracks and pivot from one project to another.
What You'll Do:
• Deliver production-ready UX designs in alignment with overarching business and UX goals for both domestic and international audiences.
• Rapidly drive progress of existing work (experience designs, UX guides, information architecture, visual designs) to project completion
• Collaborate with larger UX team in ideation and concept explorations throughout projects lifecycles facilitating and driving UX solutions, discussions and planning while maintaining project oversight, until project completion
• Maintain a critical eye and an obsessive attention to detail.
• Lead others. Grow talent. Provide creative direction and mentorship to designers and define patterns and practices for the team and the product.
• Degree in design, computer science, human factors or equivalent work experience
• Design professional with 10 or more years of relevant work experience
• Proven experience as design leader with ability to direct others through creative process
• Ability to clearly communicate design solutions to stakeholders.
• Understanding of interaction design principles
• Demonstrable fluency with Sketch, Figma, invision, abstract, framer.
• Excellent collaborative skills with critical thinking and creative problem solving abilities
• Ability to operate independently and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
• Strong portfolio of solid web, mobile and multi-media required
• Deep knowledge of cross-platform usability standards and UI specifications.
• Understanding of platforms like Roku, Fire TV, Samsung, Apple TV, X1, etc.
• Experience designing for accessibility and international audiences.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvk3j0-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.