Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
The Peacock Content Digital Forecasting & Modeling Manager will play a key role in the direct-to-consumer streaming business at NBCUniversal. This individual will support the forecasting efforts for a high-growth ad-supported subscription business, including evaluating content opportunities and estimating performance for a large, dynamic library of titles. The ideal candidate has a deep passion for content and a firm understanding of critical metrics for evaluating content.
• This role will work across the Content Strategy and Growth Marketing teams
• Thoughtfully devise methods to forecast/size net subscriber impact from new content based on third-party data sources as well as internal data
• Regularly monitor key performance indicators on a granular level to analyze and account for unexpected model variances from actuals to continuously update and enhance forecasting methodology
• Work closely with the Finance team to provide title-level and category-level consumption forecasts to fuel quarterly financial estimates
• Create greenlight pro forma models to evaluate and forecast potential original titles
• Learn and master available business intelligence tools and reporting dashboards to source and validate inputs for modelling and analysis
• Analyze current and past trends for key performance indicators (including user acquisition, engagement, and retention) to inform forecasting decisions and establish benchmarks to compare to future estimates
• Deliver updates and reporting on a regular cadence (quarterly, monthly, etc.) to track performance against forecasts and identify opportunities to improve estimate accuracy
• Build and maintain intelligence on companies in the digital and technology landscape via networking, 3rd party research, trade press and earnings/financial reporting; Develop partnership strategies to strengthen our competitive position
• 3+ years of experience in digital, digital video/TV, or media-focused data businesses
• Experience estimating video content with fluency in video metric terminology (starts, total time, unique viewers, etc.)
• Strong quantitative, research, data modeling, market sizing, and problem-solving skills
• Deep passion with entertainment TV, film, and sports content
• Expert Excel spreadsheet modeling skillset
• Skilled with web analytics platforms such as Adobe Analytics
• Experience gathering & analyzing research, utilizing both internal and external industry sources; ability to clearly articulate the so what
• Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
• Robust ability to error-check own work and always find ways to improve
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently and meet strict deadlines
• Be willing and able to learn new concepts and software applications quickly and thoroughly
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Management Consulting or investment banking background, or 3+ years of Media and Entertainment Industry experience preferred
• Proficiency with Tableau or other data visualization tools
• Some Nielsen experience
• Passion for pop culture and content across different platforms
• Superior presentation creation and communication skills for senior management audiences
• Ability to operate effectively in a large, highly decentralized organization
• Experience in investment banking or management consulting preferred
• Self-starter with experience managing separate workstreams that feed into larger deal/project team task
• Strong interpersonal and internal/external relationship management skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqom6m-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.