Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Manager, Communications, Peacock
The Manager of Communications will create and execute full media campaigns for Peacock Original movies and series. This role will partner with the Director of Awards on overall awards strategy and tactics across news, sports, film and Peacock Original series. The ideal candidate will develop a comprehensive plan and work aggressively to secure appropriate radio, print, online, social media and broadcast opportunities, generating maximum, positive publicity for Peacock programming and awards campaigns. The successful candidate will also be responsible for drafting plans, releases, loglines, talking points, Q&A, bios and more, pitching stories, managing and staffing interviews and events, and compiling and presenting comprehensive campaign coverage and analysis.
• Develop and execute strategic press campaigns for assigned Peacock original shows and movies.
• Maintain positive relationships with talent, producers, publicists, agents, managers, production staff, media and executives.
• Manage awards campaigns for assigned series.
• Support on overall Peacock awards strategy across news, sports, film and Original series.
• Foster strong contacts with print, online and electronic media.
• Implement special promotional activities including publicity events, press conferences and screenings as a part of series campaign.
• Possess a strong understanding of and experience with social media.
• Coordinate print interviews, on-set visits, photo shoots and EPKs.
• Generate press materials for assigned series, including announcement releases, bios, loglines, talking points, story synopses, pitch letters and correspondence.
• Work closely with day to day programming executives, producers, business affairs and legal on assigned series
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in publicity handling shows and/or projects
• Minimum 3 years of experience pitching, booking and covering national and local media interviews necessary
• Minimum 3 years of experience creating written press materials
• Minimum 3 years of experience working with and gaining the confidence of producers, manager, executives and talent
• College degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or equivalent
• A team player who enjoys working closely with others
• Experience in television publicity, promoting both scripted and alternative programming is highly preferred
• Ability to juggle and meet numerous deadlines and identify press opportunities
• Strong media and industry contacts
• Solid written and verbal communications skills
• Superior organization and creative skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2nqy6-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.