Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights! Manager, Communications, Peacock The Manager of Communications support communications and media relations initiatives for Peacock's content, platform and corporate reputation. Reporting to Director of Communications, the manager will be a key member of the East Coast communications team by supporting multi-platform campaigns that will generate high-quality earned media across channels for Peacock's content as well as Peacock as a platform. Content to promote may span acquired content, news, Spanish language content, as well as library tentpoles and deep catalog of shows and movies. The candidate must have experience in PR, publicity or communications role(s). Ideal candidate will be a creative, motivated self-starter with incredible attention to detail, a team-focused attitude, and a solutions-oriented approach.
• Execute communications plans for Peacock content across a range of genres and formats.
• Foster strong contacts with print, online and electronic media.
• Pitch ideas and create promotional opportunities for talent and series.
• Generate press materials, including announcement releases, bios, captions, talking points, story synopses, pitch letters and correspondence.
• Promote, create and implement special promotional activities including publicity parties, press conferences and screenings. Bring enthusiasm to event planning.
• Possess a strong understanding of and experience with social media.
• Coordinate print interviews, on-set visits, photo shoots and EPK where relevant.
• Report results of campaigns.
• With direction from team leaders, ensure that our executive, brand, IP, expertise and differentiators are clear and continue to show in the right places at the right time, remaining top of mind for internal and external audiences.
• Write and distribute press releases and announcements, talking points, executive bios and other communications materials.
• Build relationships with key industry reporters and proactively pitch stories as needed.
• Work closely with program executives, producers, business affairs and legal for approvals of written materials and campaign initiatives.
• Actively monitor competitive and media landscapes to identify press and thought leadership opportunities for executives and subject-matter experts, secure stories with media, appearances in key strategic industry events and address any inaccuracies.
• Collaborate cross functionally to maximize content promotion opportunities
• Within Peacock, create synergistic opportunities through marketing, publicity, symphony and business partnerships.
• Throughout NBCU, foster relationships with key stakeholders.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in media, entertainment and/or distribution
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Demonstrated interest and background in entertainment industry
• Must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a professional attitude
• Must be able to collaborate with cross-functional teams
• A proactive multi-tasker, with the ability to prioritize and meet numerous deadlines
• Attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5yb9-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.