Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
The Marketing & Promotions group within the Peacock Business & Legal Affairs team provides legal support across various groups within Peacock, including Brand Marketing, Growth Marketing, Product, Communications, and others. The Legal Specialist, Business & Legal Affairs, will help draft and manage marketing-related legal agreements, including contracts for the production of creative materials and the provision of marketing services. In addition, this role will assist with sweepstakes/promotions, live events, and other marketing activations. This position will report to the Marketing & Promotions group's Senior Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Drafting, editing and reviewing legal documents, including marketing services agreements, production services agreements, amendments, pitch agreements, NDA's and independent contractor agreements, under attorney supervision.
• Conducting rights review and tracking of distribution, acquisition and talent agreements.
• Tracking and managing execution and filing of all agreements generated by the group.
• Reviewing creative materials and helping advise on clearance and rights issues.
• Helping advise on legal compliance and drafting terms and conditions, official rules and release forms for competitions, contests and sweepstakes.
• Helping prepare training materials on marketing-related legal issues and risks for various client groups.
• Assisting with various Marketing and Promotions group projects and perform other related duties as needed.
• Either (i) a Bachelor's Degree, plus a minimum of 2 years of experience in a professional role at a law firm or in the area of advertising/marketing requiring contract analysis, organizational skills and attention to detail, or (ii) a Juris Doctorate Degree.
• Experience with agreements and legal issues.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as solid interpersonal skills.
• Excellent computer skills (including Microsoft Word, internet sources, and ability to master many NBCU applications).
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered and must be willing to submit transcripts.
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Strong work ethic with ability to multi-task successfully and meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision.
• Excellent organizational skill and attention to detail, including the ability to quickly and accurately file and keep records.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of legal terminology.
• Collaborative, team-oriented approach.
• Ability to learn quickly.
• Ability to exercise discretion with sensitive information.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex information.
• Proven ability to exercise discretion and good judgment.
• Experience in advertising/marketing or intellectual property a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpmw2o-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.