Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal's new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
As part of the Direct-to-Consumer Decision Sciences team, the Lead Data Engineer will be responsible for creating a connected data ecosystem that unleashes the power of our streaming data. We gather data from across all customer/prospect journeys in near real-time, to allow fast feedback loops across territories; combined with our strategic data platform, this data ecosystem is at the core of being able to make intelligent customer and business decisions.
In this role, the Lead Data Engineer will share responsibilities in the development and maintenance of an optimized and highly available data pipelines that facilitate deeper analysis and reporting by the business, as well as support ongoing operations related to the Direct to Consumer data ecosystem
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Help manage a high-performance team of Data Engineers
• Provide guidance in the designing, building, testing, scaling, and maintaining of data pipelines from a variety of sources (Internal, third party, cloud based, etc.), according to business and technical requirements.
• Deliver observable, reliable and secure software, embracing ''you build it you run it'' mentality, and focus on automation and GitOps.
• Continually work on improving the codebase and have active participation and oversight in all aspects of the team, including agile ceremonies.
• Take an active role in story definition, assisting business stakeholders with acceptance criteria.
• Work with Principal Engineers and Architects to share and contribute to the broader technical vision.
• Develop and champion best practices to improve the efficiency of the team, striving towards excellence and raising the bar within the department.
• Operationalize data processing systems utilizing DevOps principles
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $130,000 - $170,000 (bonus and long-term incentive eligible)
• 6+ years relevant experience in Data Engineering
• Experience of near Real Time & Batch Data Pipeline development in a similar Big Data Engineering role.
• Programming skills an object oriented programming language such as Python, Java, or Scala and experience in writing reusable/efficient code to automate analysis and data processes
• Experience in processing structured and unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis and reporting with integration with a variety of data metric providers ranging from advertising, web analytics, and consumer devices
• Experience implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems using Google Cloud
• Hands on programming experience of the following (or similar) technologies: Apache Beam, Scio, Apache Spark, and Snowflake.
• Experience in progressive data application development, working in large scale/distributed SQL, NoSQL, and/or Hadoop environment.
• Develop data catalogs and data cleanliness to ensure clarity and correctness of key business metrics
• Experience building streaming data pipelines using Kafka, Spark, or Flink
• Data modelling experience (operationalizing data science models/products) a plus
• Bachelors' degree with a specialization in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, other quantitative field or equivalent industry experience.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Experience with graph-based data workflows using Apache Airflow
• Experience building and deploying ML pipelines: training models, feature development, regression testing
• Strong Test-Driven Development background, with understanding of levels of testing required to continuously deliver value to production.
• Experience with large-scale video assets
• Ability to work effectively across functions, disciplines, and levels
• Team-oriented and collaborative approach with a demonstrated aptitude, enthusiasm and willingness to learn new methods, tools, practices and skills
• Ability to recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialogue to resolve them
• Pride and ownership in your work and confident representation of your team to other parts of NBCUniversal
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2v8j6-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.