Sr Director Of Product, Content Discovery and Personalization
New York, NY
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal's new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture.
The Peacock TVE group is looking to add a front end developer to the team of engineers to deliver high-quality user experiences across the NBC branded websites and apps. You will become a part of a team that builds and supports sites and services for both web and mobile, delivering content to millions of users.
The Engineering team builds and manages systems that deliver the ''last mile'' of NBC content to the users, for video as well as textual content. So the scalability, flexibility, interoperability, and security of these systems is of utmost importance. We need a leader who is passionate about creating great experiences that can scale massively to support our largest events, like the Olympic Games.
You will have a leading role, influencing the front end development, architecture and the build flows of front end components, systems and themes, Every member of the team works with a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
What the team does
• Creates and maintains multiple branded high traffic sites and services, notably nbcolympics.com and nbcsports.com.
• Builds the content management. systems as well as the various front end experiences to display the data
• Collaborates with product and other internal teams to drive innovation and improvements across the sites, including video delivery and playback user experience
• Explores new technology, pushing the quality and speed capabilities of the systems, running POCs, and balancing innovation with stability
• Supports major consumer-facing live events, including Olympics, and Super Bowls
• 2+ years developing web sites with ES6 leveraging current frameworks like Vue, React, or Angular
• Experience across the stack, preferably also with Nuxt/next.js, CSS, and API integration.
• Comfortable working with built tools like npm, gulp, webpack
• Solid understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability
• Review the code from other team members to ensure scalability and adherence to best practices
• Continuously learn, improve and optimise processes and ways of working
• Collaborate both internally and externally across the broader technology organization to ensure sensible and consistent standards are defined and implemented
- Expertise integrating into large agile development projects and manage rapid development cycles
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and status updates to both technical and non-technical resources
- Capable of managing multiple deliverables and completing assigned tasks efficiently
- Eagerness to work outside of comfort zone in new and different technologies
- Innovative and flexible thinker, comfortable suggesting solutions and willing to take risks
- An owner, committed to quality in every task, large or small