Product Designer, LX
Universal City, CA
Do you have a passion for helping create the future of entertainment? Do you drive innovative and groundbreaking user experiences? Do you love to grow, mentor, and direct an amazing team?
We are seeking a Director of User Experience & Design to lead the User Experience & Design team for a stable of video streaming services across NBCUniversal as well as unique show-centric apps for superfans. You will lead an outstanding group of designers, researchers, and prototypers to create and enhance unique user experiences.
The Director of User Experience & Design will report directly to the VP of Product and Design and work directly with business stakeholders across various departments and throughout the company. You will inspire the best out of your team and colleagues to develop award-winning experiences and a design vision.
• Be an unrelenting advocate for the user
• Deliver UX/UI across multiple products and platforms including web, mobile and living room devices.
• Manage to the highest design standards, providing clear direction to team members, stakeholders and outside agencies or vendors
• Maintain relationships and design standards with many groups, including, product, tech, project management, sales, and external teams
• Ensure the cohesion and elegance of the design language across all platforms
• Ensure quality of deliverables from the overall team
• Maintain a healthy and diverse team culture.
• Manage the day-to-day operational tasks across multiple workstreams including intake, work assignment and progress
• Coordinate product marketing needs for messaging and app store assets
• Manage requests and quality assurance of art assets for multiple entertainment brands
• Identify and report out marketplace trends and competitive analyses
• Drive customer understanding through user research and testing
• Present new concepts and strategies to senior executives
• Identify gaps and anticipate risks and then take action to address
• Manage resource allocation and team member focus
• Translate product and marketing needs into best-in-class user experiences
• Contribute to culture of continuous learning and design mentorship
• Minimum 10 years of experience in digital UX/UI including a minimum of 3 years as a people manager of 3 or more designers
• Demonstratable experience designing multi-platform apps and connected device experiences
• BA degree or higher in Interactive Design, Product Design, User Centric Design, HCI, Cognitive Psychology, or related field
• Working experience in Sketch, Principle, Photoshop, Zeplin, and After Effects
• Hands on experience with a variety of user research techniques including user surveys, personas, task and scenario testing, moderated and unmoderated testing
• Knowledge of new trends for digital products
• Interested candidates must submit an Online Portfolio is required for all submissions to be considered. An online portfolio demonstrating broad skills, premium experiences and expertise in design principles and usability is required. Please provide a link and any appropriate PDF materials.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Experience in a large-scale consumer-facing organization, preferably in the media space
• Experience with motion UI design a plus
• Education in interaction design, human computer interaction, information architecture, or product design
• Team player that can work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
• Excellent cross-functional communicator with the fluency to speak to leadership in Product, Technology, Marketing, and Data Science groups.
• Proven track record with a variety of successful products
• Experience working with streaming video strongly preferred
• Extremely detail oriented and organized
• Comfortable working in a collaborative, competitive, fast-paced environment