Sr Analyst, Data Governance, Decision Sciences
New York, NY
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal's new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O.
Peacock, NBCUniversal's new video streaming service, is seeking a director of product planning to drive evaluation and definition of the future strategy and feature set for the viewing product.
Peacock is an ad-supported streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current season hits with timely news, sports and pop culture content.
This role will focus on how best to plan and synthesize our many product priorities, from increasing engagement through personalization, to providing a competitive live sports experience.
We are looking for a driven and accomplished individual to use customer insights, product data, conceptual designs, competitive and market analysis, to help establish business impact and frame product choices for product, UX, technical and business teams.
Close coordination and collaboration with Engineering, Business Operations, Data and Marketing colleagues will be critical for success in this role, to effectively understand requirements and evaluate customer value.
This is an opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and ambitious initiative and shape the future of TV.
In this role, you will:
• Lead analysis of market opportunities for the viewing product, using industry data, and qualitative & quantitative insights, to provide decision making frameworks to guide prioritization of new and existing features
• Work with product managers, designers and business stakeholders to develop a strategic point of view of the needs of our customers and business to support planning of features
• Collaborate with Data Science, Analytics and Strategy counterparts to create business cases to help make product decisions
• Partner with project management and engineering teams to define and sequence agile development priorities
• Maintain multi-year Viewing Product roadmaps in collaboration with Technology teams
• Create and deliver winning executive presentations that explain product vision, features and roadmaps and manage senior stakeholder expectations
• Deeply understand business considerations, competitive landscape, and best practices to drive optimal OTT product experiences
• Help build a product culture at Peacock
What you have:
• A strong ability to lead and inspire alignment to a shared vision and outcome
• Ability to employ a hypotheses-driven approach to tackle complex problems, with strong analytical skills
• Collaborative spirit and a willingness to share product responsibilities and occasionally lead work streams outside of product planning
• Passion for creating innovative and engaging consumer products, with the persistence to iterate
• Evidence of creative strategic thinking, empathy for the user and curiosity to identify their needs
• Vision to anticipate evolving consumption trends in the entertainment, sports and news verticals
• Distinguished verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Flexibility to quickly adapt to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
• Technical fluency to know when to challenge developers and ask pertinent questions
• Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight schedules
• Enthusiasm to be positive, confident and energetic
• BA/BS degree in a relevant field
• 7-10 years of experience in consumer technology, product strategy or planning, program management or product management
• Consumer-centric view with a proven track-record of developing and acting on customer insights
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment
• Experience with A/B testing, hypothesis validation and user testing
• Experience with multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Amazon, Roku) and domains (TV, Movies, Sports, News, Kids)
• Fluency with project management tools such as Jira, Asana and Trello as well as analytics software
• Ability and self-motivation to work effectively offsite and with remote, global, multi-lingual teams