Lead Data Scientist, Video Quality
New York, NY
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal's new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O.
This Director of Product Development for Peacock Sports and Live content will focus on creating an innovative first class fan experience for the growing Peacock live catalog.
• Own and maintain the strategy and vision behind a first class sports fan enthusiast experience.
• Core Product Experience role focusing on defining the discovery and viewing requirements for sports content for TV, mobile and web applications
• Working closely with NBCU editorial, engineering and design teams to create the best real-time content experiences
• The acknowledged owner and expert within the business of these product experiences
• Lead complex work and difficult features through the full software lifecycle – from inception, through requirements, design, build, release, testing, evaluation and iteration
• Prioritize delivery through a roadmap: balancing commercial and customer impact and technical effort/complexity
• Translate complex business problems into compelling features and functionality
• Manage senior stakeholders through the full product lifecycle: from definition to go/no-go decision
• Create and deliver exec presentations that explain product features and roadmaps, as and when required
• Carry out thorough analyses of multiple data sources to inform feature prioritization, definition and longer-term product strategies
• Minimum 8 years of experience developing and managing multiple different products at scale, delivering excellent customer experiences and measurable business impact
• Specific experience of usage tracking and evaluation of user experiences (e.g. through AB testing, MVT, journey mapping, etc.)
• Strong analytical skills to evaluate a wide range of detailed information, clearly identifying the pertinent points to determine coherent approaches to problems
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with a demonstrable ability to manage a vast array of information and work on multiple work streams
• A passion for internet-delivered TV and the potential to do more with it for customers. Experience of working within the digital TV industry in a product/technology related role or related discipline would be a significant benefit
• A solid technical understanding that will enable you to have technical conversations and to know when to challenge developers and ask pertinent questions
• A team player who is willing to share responsibilities, confer with others, help others do their jobs, lead work streams where necessary
• High degree of software literacy and comfort with various project management tools such as Asana, Jira, Trello or similar as well as analytics software.
• Understanding of software development concepts and familiarity with Agile or Continuous Integration methodology - able to think holistically while building and learning iteratively
• Product or program management experience for large media or digital video sites a plus
• College degree in a related field preferred
• Experience converting business ideas and research into well-thought-out and timely product releases with an emphasis on customer value, revenue and performance
• Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communications with proven ability to work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, Operations & Engineering Leadership to foster shared ownership of product deliverables and shape and refine market specific agendas
• A passion for digital products and services including but not limited to streaming video, social media, interactive television, gaming, etc.
• An understanding of the television industry including business models, trends, and ecosystem of companies that comprise it.