We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
Our Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) portfolio is a powerhouse collection of consumer-first brands, supported by media industry leaders, Comcast, NBCUniversal and Sky. When you join our team, you'll work across our dynamic portfolio including Peacock, NOW, Fandango, SkyShowtime, Showmax, and TV Everywhere, powering streaming across more than 70 countries globally. And the evolution doesn't stop there. With unequalled scale, our teams make the most out of every opportunity to collaborate and learn from one another. We're always looking for ways to innovate faster, accelerate our growth and consistently offer the very best in consumer experience. But most of all, we're backed by a culture of respect. We embrace authenticity and inspire people to thrive.
As a part of the Peacock Decision Sciences team, the Director, Forecasting & Strategy will play a key role managing a team responsible for developing and augmenting a bottoms-up subscription model that projects acquisition, churn & consumption for a high growth streaming business. You will partner closely with leaders across Finance, Marketing, Partnerships, Programming & Strategy to ensure official forecasts reflect latest developments and strategic initiatives in the highly dynamic entertainment environment. You will also present regularly to both Decision Sciences & broader Peacock leadership on the growth trajectory of the business with deep insights into expected acquisition, churn rates and impacts of major content releases, strategic initiatives & partnerships, and promotional offers.
You will act as a thought leader, playing an active role in continuously improving forecasting efforts by combining first party data driven insights, data science machine learning models, and advanced spreadsheet-based business modeling. This is a high visibility role as you will own the forecast that helps drive executive level strategy and budget decisions at Peacock.
• Lead the Peacock Forecasting & Strategy team responsible for the official business forecast which projects both near-term and long-term subscriber & consumption growth
• Partner with leaders across various teams in NBCUniversal's DTC portfolio to shape forecasts with data driven insights as well as latest developments & initiatives across the business
• Drive continuous innovation to the forecast modeling process with an emphasis on infusing insights and tools developed by the broader Peacock Decision Sciences organization
• Effectively communicate with both peers and leadership in a highly dynamic environment with the goal of building understanding that can drive informed decision making
• Supervise, develop, and retain a best-in-class team with members at both the manager & analyst level
• Help contribute to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work culture at Peacock
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Analytics, Data Science, Finance, Economics or other relevant fields
• 8+ years of experience in a highly analytical environment building or contributing to sophisticated forecast models that leverage large-scale datasets
• Expertise in building Microsoft Excel based forecast or projection models that synthesize large-scale datasets using advanced formulas and thoughtful design structures
• Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint with proven ability to deliver clear and effective presentations
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with tight deadlines while continuously communicating with leadership, peers, and team members
• Deep understanding of Direct-to-Consumer subscription business models (preferably in media)
• Self-starter with strong attention to detail, work ethic, sense of curiosity, accountability, and ability to execute projects of all sizes with vision and purpose
• Prior managerial experience of a team in the analytics, data science or strategic finance space
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, collaborate & influence
• Strong communicator with executive presence and experience delivering presentations to leadership
• Have a bias for action and ability to push partners to collaborate when faced with challenges and ambiguity
• Experience with analytical and data visualization tools (SQL, Python, Tableau, or equivalent tools) a plus
• Passion for television, films & the media/entertainment industry
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $160,000 - $210,000; bonus and long-term incentive eligible
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbym5k-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.