Associate, Video Editorial
Universal City, CA
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
The Director, Content Strategy will serve as an integral member of the Content Strategy team that is responsible for developing Peacock's holistic slate strategy across all content verticals to optimize customer acquisition, retention, and usage. The Content Strategy team works closely with stakeholders across NBCUniversal to align content strategy and execution to Peacock KPIs. The Director position will report to the Senior Vice President of Content Strategy on the West Coast.
Key group responsibilities include:
• Oversight of content spend allocation by content genre/type, ensuring ROI against Peacock KPIs
• Supporting Peacock leadership in refining the slate for Film, TV, and Sports programming – including deal analysis, licensing/acquisitions evaluation, and Original content commissioning
• Operating as the Peacock entry and exit point for the greenlight process with NBCU stakeholders
• Responsible for initial response to content ideas, based on Peacock KPIs
• Responsible for overall content proformas taking input from multiple teams: Content Analytics, Finance, Marketing
• Develops targets for content based on MAAs, Usage, Upgrade rates & brand KPIs
• Owns communication of proforma & connects to greenlight process
• Supporting scheduling team on optimizing content release patterns (i.e., episode drop cadence, identifying programming schedule gaps, etc.)
• Supporting content placement decisions across Peacock tiers to optimize content KPI's (i.e., premium+, premium SVOD, premium bundled, free)
• Supporting windowing decisions on content shared across NBCU networks portfolio (i.e., evaluates cases for windowing decisions that move away from accepted norms), working closely with NBCU stakeholders
• Compiling post-mortem analyses to determine areas for optimization and improvement
• Conducting market research, tracking and industry trends
• Candidates must have strong analytical and communication skills. Peacock is a fast paced and highly-demanding environment and candidates are expected to be able to learn quickly, be comfortable in ambiguity and deliver results often on tight project deadlines. Candidates must be motivated, disciplined, flexible, and be able to work effectively both in groups as well as autonomously
• 6+ years of experience in a corporate strategy and/or research role at a media, tech, internet or direct-to-consumer business; We are looking for flexible thinkers with rigorous modelling and analysis backgrounds; Investment banking or management consulting backgrounds will also be considered
• Data-Fluency: Able to analyze trends & patterns to inform decision-making
• Audience analysis: Knowledge of/willingness to learn Nielsen data and streaming data reporting systems such as Nielsen NPower, comScore and Adobe Analytics
• Communicates findings effectively both verbally and in written form including executive-ready presentations
• Exceptional proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint; working knowledge of statistics and analysis packages
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation
• Ability to think creatively and strategically while handling difficult and complex issues in a professional setting
• Strong interpersonal skills and a high energy level
• Comfort with a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment
• Excellent communicator and collaborator, able to build relationships with other teams and rally people towards a common goal
• Entertainment knowledgeable enthusiast; demonstrated strong aesthetics; consumer of pop-culture with finger on the pulse of today and yesterday trends; entrepreneurial, self-starter, owner and affable
• Someone who knows how to integrate themselves into teams and work collaboratively
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4w687-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.