Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Director, Communications, Peacock
The Director of Communications will create and execute full media campaigns for Peacock Original series in addition to Original films and documentaries. The ideal candidate will develop a comprehensive plan and work aggressively to secure appropriate radio, print, online, social media and broadcast opportunities, generating maximum, positive publicity for Peacock programming.
Reporting to the West Coast Vice President, the Director will be a key member of the West Coast communications team. The candidate must have established press relationships and a portfolio of successful earned media campaign coverage and analysis. Ideal candidate will be a creative, motivated self-starter with incredible attention to detail, a team-focused attitude, and a solutions-oriented approach.
• Develop and execute strategic press campaigns as lead strategist for assigned Peacock Original scripted and unscripted series as well as Original films and documentaries.
• Maintain positive relationships with talent, producers, publicists, agents, managers, production staff, media and executives.
• Serve as lead publicist on awards campaigns for assigned series and films.
• Foster strong contacts with print, online and electronic media.
• Implement special promotional activities including publicity events, press conferences and screenings as a part of series campaign.
• Manage agencies supporting on assigned titles and projects
• Possess a strong understanding of and experience with social media.
• Coordinate print interviews, on-set visits, photo shoots and EPKs.
• Generate press materials for assigned series, including announcement releases, bios, loglines, talking points, story synopses, pitch letters and correspondence.
• Work closely with day to day programming executives, producers, business affairs and legal on assigned series
• Bachelor's Degree
• 8+ years of experience in media, entertainment and/or distribution
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Strong media relationships with industry and trade outlets
• Must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a professional attitude
• Must be able to collaborate with cross-functional teams
• A proactive multi-tasker, with the ability to prioritize and meet numerous deadlines
• Attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
• Demonstrated interest and background in entertainment industry
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4jm4q-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.