Originals & Exclusives Performance Marketing Specialist
New York, NY
Director, Marketing Partnerships, Brand, Peacock The Director of Marketing Partnerships will report into the Vice President of NBCU's new streaming service and will manage a team responsible for leading Peacock's third-party partnerships, as well as oversee performance goals tied to acquisition, retention and earned media through each of these deals. The role will involve developing and executing the end to end partner program (contract, marketing, operations); planning, analyzing and improving short and long-term partnership performance over time. Other elements critical to success in this role include curiosity, eagerness to learn, and experience working cross-functionally within a matrixed organization (e.g., Product, Tech, Business Development, Finance, and Legal). The right person for this role possesses strong thought leadership, excellent relationship management skills and a General Manager attitude.
• Lead a team responsible for identifying, evaluating, and executing marketing partnerships that will provide step-function growth for Peacock and drive material brand lift
• Responsible for channel performance and the health of these partnerships ensuring that we are tracking monthly active accounts, revenue and profitability against forecast
• Own full lifecycle of partner engagement, deal-making, and partnership implementation for growth-centric partnership models
• Scale, nurture, and optimize partnerships beyond launch, identifying incremental, mutually beneficial opportunities to grow the partnership with a focus on building a marketing roadmap that drives growth and engagement of NBCU's D2C service.
• Evolve existing offer constructs and help establish new commercial propositions with a focus on profitability and driving long-term growth for the business
• Create and convey supporting data and insight that informs the strategic vision and direction of the Partnerships team
• Engage NBCU D2C teams – Acquisition, Engagement, PR, Brand Marketing, Strategy, Product, Ad Sales Technology Finance, Legal, Operations – to communicate and implement partnerships.
• Partner with Decision Science team to develop performance analysis (tools, reports, team) on indicators such as conversion rate, cost, new customer volume, lifetime value, and share learnings to drive improvement and recommend renewals.
• Continue to invest in hiring and developing a team to support the global growth of Peacock.
• 10+ years of experience in partner facing role
• Solid marketing and brand experience within media and entertainment industry
• Familiarity with negotiating, understanding, and enforcing contracts
• MBA preferred
• Comfort in addressing informal team meetings and delivering prepared presentations to executives and external audiences
• Highly strategic and experienced in leading cross-functional teams to orchestrate, collaborate, and successfully seize opportunities
• Analytical skills, with the ability to build business cases, analyze data, and debate financial models with senior stakeholders
• Marketing expertise in digital landscape to drive adoption of product
• Excellent communication skills, confident in managing, influencing and growing relationships with stakeholders internally and externally
• Commercial, strategic and technical mind-set with strong attention to detail
• Sound business judgment and ability to prioritize and triage partner-related issues, solution-find, and effectively motivate internal and external stakeholders to work towards a common goal
• A good understanding of the OTT or ecommerce market
• Strong knowledge of elements to launch partnerships: proposition development, marketing channels, commercial models, operational mechanics
• Organized and structured, ability to reliably deliver on plans and forecasts is critical
• Collegial, high energy, and persistent personality, and excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Comfort with a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment
• Excellent communication skills