Senior Design Engineer
Universal City, CA
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
At Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal, you'll find more than a job. Here you'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team of unique birds who want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven, and innovative. Together, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
The Strategic Analytics team has a unique charter within Decision Sciences to use data to power decision-making for high-profile, cross-functional initiatives across the entire organization. As the Director, Advanced Analytics, you will lead a team of talented analysts who delve into extensive datasets to uncover insights that have a tangible impact on Peacocks' growth.
In this role, you will act as an analytical thought leader, spearheading data-driven workstreams that shape strategy across diverse disciplines such as Marketing, Product, Content, and more. You will harness your soft skills to cultivate relationships with key stakeholders and leverage your analytical expertise to gain a deep understanding of their functions to deliver data solutions that support their unique goals. You will also influence executive level decision-making, identifying and synthesize actionable insights for the senior leadership team. As a manager you will be expected to grow and develop the team, stretching and strengthening their critical thinking and analytical capabilities. Key areas of focus include business performance measurement, customer segmentation, and cross-functional strategy.
• Lead the analytical strategy for key initiatives across Peacock
• Partner and build relationships with stakeholders, gaining a deep understanding of their business needs, to deliver analyses that tie directly to informing their strategic decisions
• Inform decision-making by visually and verbally synthesizing data into easy-to-consume storylines for both operational and executive audiences
• Lead and mentor a team of analysts, growing their ability to develop analytic frameworks and produce high-quality deliverables, fostering their professional growth
• Define, track and measure key performance indicators to assess the health of the overall business
• Develop dashboards and ad hoc analyses to provide real-time insights to senior management and stakeholders
• Lead innovation within the Decision Sciences team, proactively developing analytical solutions to improve efficiency and accuracy, including developing new methodologies
• Be a member of a high performing, highly collaborative analytics team that promotes a culture of data-driven decision-making across the Peacock organization
• Help contribute to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work culture at Peacock
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $170,000 - $210,000 (bonus and long-term incentive eligible).
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Analytics, Marketing, Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or other relevant quantitative fields
• 8+ years of experience in a highly analytical environment using data to extract actionable insights and drive strategy
• 6+ years of experience with querying and analyzing large complex data sets, data visualization, and data storytelling
• Managerial experience in the analytics space
• Proficient expertise with analytical and data visualization tools (SQL, Excel, Python, Tableau or equivalent tools)
• Experience using data analytics techniques for a wide variety of uses cases, including customer segmentation and developing/reporting on key performance indicators
• Self-starter with strong attention to detail, work ethic, sense of curiosity, accountability, and ability to execute projects of all sizes with vision and purpose
• Ability to deliver on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, collaborate and influence
• Strong communicator with executive presence, and ability to effectively present findings to peers, key stakeholders, and leadership
• Experience presenting to and working directly with executive leadership, a plus
• Experience with Big Query / Google technology stack or similar, a plus
• Knowledge of data science techniques, a plus
• Deep understanding of analytics for direct-to-consumer businesses (video streaming, eCommerce or subscription) a plus
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8xv36-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.