Product Designer, Viewing Experience
New York, NY
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal's wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O.
Peacock's viewing product design team is transforming how people access and enjoy the TV viewing experience. Our team is looking to build a world class product experience that transforms the world of entertainment. We're looking to assemble the world's top designers and thinkers who want to help us push the boundaries and shape the future of TV.
What We're Looking For:
Peacock, NBCUniversal's video streaming service, is seeking a Design Director to evolve and elevate the experience of watching entertainment, live events, kids, news and sports content in and out of the home. As part of the product team, you will collaborate with product, technology, marketing, data, and insights teams to elegantly solve problems for users while driving business value. In this leadership role, you will help hire and mentor other designers in a fast-paced environment alongside an ambitious team.
What You'll Do:
• Provide creative thought leadership and drive visual design by combining industry best practices with your own expertise and insights about human behavior.
• Support the creation and communication of overarching design strategies.
• Lead design team in ideation and concept explorations, as well as partner with Product Management, Engineering, and other internal partners to define the strategy and experience of consumer-facing products.
• Ensure consistent, unified user experience across all platforms by basing decisions on industry standard methodologies, user research and adhering to visual language and style guide.
• Partner with the Research team to drive user insights throughout the research process.
• Ensure design goals align with overarching company goals.
• Maintain a critical eye and an obsessive attention to detail.
• Degree in design, computer science, human factors or equivalent work experience
• Design professional with 10 or more years of relevant work experience
• Demonstrated ability to design inspiring new solutions to challenges, often in collaboration with end users and stakeholders.
• Expertly skilled in compiling the results of customer research into insights, service opportunities and design principles.
• Expert ability to deliver solid work in a deadline-driven environment.
• Superior communication and leadership skills.
• Outstanding facilitation, brainstorming and collaboration skills.
• A strong portfolio showcasing leadership in developing interactive and viewing experience for the television and mobile.
• Understanding of platforms like Roku, Fire TV, Samsung, Apple TV, X1, etc.
• Experience designing for accessibility and international audiences also a plus