Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
NBCUniversal is looking for a detail-oriented Data Product Manager. As a member of the Decision Sciences team, you will champion a Data-as-a-Product mindset.
Owning, managing and supporting the data across the underlying systems and technology stack that allows the marketing and advertising team to engage customers across the workflow for all marketing activities.
The successful candidate will need to be agile delivery focused and comfortable working with senior and demanding stakeholders in a fast-paced environment. Responsible for aligning with the business goals by defining requirements and enforcing an end-to-end data platform, complete with associated standard policies, compliances, security practices, and technologies across the data ecosystem.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Adopt and advocate for a data-as-a-product mindset while evangelizing the utilization of data and advanced analytics to inform critical business decisions
• Understand the product vision, both from a business and data perspective
• Own and maintain the product roadmap, tracking progress of team's commitment to deliver, clearly communicating status
• Own and organize product backlog to optimize delivery in alignment with stakeholders/business priorities
• Work closely with a cross-functional delivery team, data architects and data analysts collaboratively defining roadmaps, requirements and solutions.
• Facilitate estimation sessions, to help prioritization of features and inform the product backlog
• Work with the Data Governance team to make sure the integrity and utilization of data adheres to NBCU's data governance standards and processes, ensuring fitness of data elements
• Identify key risks and issues and ensure they are escalated in a timely manner
• Work closely with the delivery team; own, manage and convey requirements through user stories to inform the scope and design of data solution, planning and being available for technical inquiries and support
• Help coordinate and lead key team ceremonies: weekly showcases, estimations, backlog refinement, planning sessions, and retrospectives
• Work closely with the brands and stakeholders to understand new requirements and the value they deliver to our Data Intelligence teams.
• Collect and remove ambiguity on stakeholder requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in the field of computer science or engineering, or focus on data/statistical analysis or equivalent experience highly desired
• Detail and results oriented, able to write detailed specs and analyze data to justify product decisions, and apply key learnings
• 3+ years of experience in a data related role (SQL, familiarity with data pipelines, data quality, audience management, ETL, event analytics)
• Experience with Data Lake/CDP strategies and partnering with IT on data architecture and identity resolution solutions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate and coordinate between teams.
• Experience in taking over existing platforms and systems and improving on product features to deliver on vision
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to logically analyze complex requirements, data sets, processes and systems
• Leadership skills to motivate and provide clear direction to the team
• Excellent organizational skills that will allow you to deal with uncertainty by creating structure and prioritizing effectively.
• Experience of working in an agile environment
• Creative problem-solver; takes a high level of initiative, has a strong sense of personal accountability to follow-through at all times.
• Demonstrates organizational savvy by successfully navigating complex, highly matrixed and decentralized organization.
• Takes an informed and inspired view to deliver superior results by creating value and opportunity.
• A bias for getting the job done
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roezz2-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.