Do you enjoy digging into data, finding insights and opportunities, and using your creativity to make good things great? Have you been called ''consumer-centric?'' Do you excel at communicating up, down, left, and right across an organization?
As part of the Product team, you will serve as an expert on metadata, sports results data, CMS tools, and workflow within several NBCUniversal's direct-to-consumer digital properties, including NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, Golf Channel, and NBC Entertainment. You will maintain a strong understanding of how our multiple complex systems interact, and ensure it scales as we add more variables into the systems. The successful candidate likes to solve problem and know their way around data structure. This is a highly cross-functional role and will require the consummate team player to be successful. Are you someone that can think big and then roll up your sleeves to get it done?
• Support analyze business processes and develop new and optimized workflows
• Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritize backlog of user stories for implementation
• Write, prioritize, and accept product user stories and use cases
• Partner with the Design/UX, Engineering, PMO, Editorial/Operations, and Product Marketing teams on projects and work closely with them to ensure product specifications meet their needs, understand current challenges, identify opportunities to innovate and improve
• Developing and ensuring timely delivery of data products to internal and external clients, including data science teams, content management systems, digital streaming systems and media distributors.
• Ensure feature development is aligned with well-defined KPIs and product success criteria
• Prepare clear and well-organized documentation on system features & workflows.
• Collaborate with other members of the product team
• Be a strong and vocal voice of the consumer
• Keep on top of industry trends, technologies, and techniques
• At least 3 years of Product Management experience, preferably working on CMS platforms or as mixed role of Developer / Product Manager
• Strong sense of urgency, drive and passion to take ownership of all projects
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong understanding of technology platforms and how data flows between applications
• Knowledge of web technologies (e.g., APIs, HTML/CSS/JS, etc.), content management systems, and experience of Taxonomy and API
• Ability to transform business, editorial and design needs into product requirements
• Ability to quickly understand and operate comfortably within complex ecosystems
• Working knowledge of the role of Product in agile software development, including integrating customer feedback into requirements, driving prioritization and execution
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be able to work in Stamford, CT
• Willingness to travel and work extended hours, and on weekends with short notice as needed
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Driven to find and improve solutions
• Ability to perform effectively in a rapidly changing environment with new tools and technologies
• Understanding of best practices of effective and scalable API development
• Self-starter who can work autonomously
• Analytics and strategic thinking, solid decision-making skills
• Comfortable working in a collaborative, competitive, fast-paced environment
• Desire to continually grown and learn
• Excellent organization and communication skills, attention to detail, and creatively with the ability to articulate concepts to a variety of audiences
• Curious in nature and able to balance what the data says with what your gut tells you
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rznmp2-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.