Full Time Job
Associate, Platform Editorial
- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-performance team of incredible colleagues that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. We work hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
NBCUniversal is hiring an Associate of Platform Editorial to join a rock-solid team responsible for curating the Peacock user experience, maintaining a database of creative metadata to power editorial tools, project managing live streams, curating collections, and adding personality to the Peacock service. We are seeking a cool-headed, detail-obsessed operator who is adept at managing the ebb and flow of a massive schedule. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience working withing content managements systems or databases and driving engagement with a complex programming slate that involves television series, movies, sports, WWE, news, kids programming, and more.
The Editorial team is tasked with curating the Peacock content offering across all products and audience segments, including merchandising live events and related publishing operations. It is a 24/7 operation responsible for updating content based on performance, programming tactics and events unfolding in real time, working in coordination with the Video Operations, Product, Marketing and Customer Support teams in addition to other stakeholders.
The successful candidate for this role will bring hands-on experience managing complex digital publishing projects in a variety of content management systems and a sense of personal responsibility for the accuracy of their work. To excel in this role, you must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, set and meet deadlines for publishing large volumes of content, own the project management of assets and logistics for multiple events, prioritize based on data and communicate fluently with Video Operations, Product, Marketing and Programming teams.
• Process and refine metadata for a variety streaming series, movies, news events, topical events, and more to support and optimize the curation efforts of the Platform Editorial team
• Curate and maintain Peacock's news and Telemundo pages, utilizing programming schedules and data analysis to optimize promotion and the user experiences.
• Maintain communication with the News and Telemundo Programming teams to ensure that the launch schedules are accurate and promotional plans are distributed.
• Assist in the curation and maintenance of other pages on the Peacock platform, backing up the rest of the Platform Editorial team when needed.
• Assist in overseeing and ensuring the execution of entertainment and news live streams such as Saturday Night Live, the 2024 Presidential Election, the Golden Globe Awards, and more.
• Liaison between the Operations, Product, Sales, and Programming teams to ensure that all parties are informed of all aspects of events and all pertinent information has been received by Editorial
• Support the Platform Editorial team in product enhancements, process optimizations, and strategic decision making.
• Proactively research all news series and events streamed on Peacock to accurately advise on programming priorities, curation strategies, and optimized promotional aesthetics.
• Minimum one year of experience working on digital media platforms, preferably with a focus on managing title operations or publishing at a large-scale editorial, e-commerce or video service.
• Previous experience working in entertainment or social operations
• Demonstrable ability to manage an ever-changing content pipeline 7 days a week.
• Exhibit excellent organization and communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to clearly and concisely articulate workflows and concepts for a variety of audiences
• Proactively identify opportunities to adjust processes for efficiencies. Help develop strategies and procedures for continual improvement for editorial operations
• Excellent writing and presentation skills.
• A passion for movies, television, news, and sports.
• Ability to work a flex schedule that will include late nights, weekends and holidays holidays.
• Ability to work from Universal City, CA or New York City, NY
Salary: $65,000 - $75,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5oxjz-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $65,000 to $75,000 Per Year ($ USD)