Designer, Growth Marketing
New York, NY
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal's new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O.
The Peacock Brand Marketing team is building a best-in-class social team for its new streaming platform. Reporting to the VP Social and Content Marketing, the Art Director will be a creative lead on the owned social team driving engagement, reach and community across various social handles.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Manage two social creatives, mentoring and inspiring their work
• Responsible for developing best-in-class social assets for Peacock social brand, original and always on campaigns
• Participate in brainstorm and planning meetings
• Provide clear vision and directive to creatives on how to execute content across all platforms
• Foster teamwork and a collaborative work environment. Inspire team morale and contribute to the overall creative culture.
• Stay in-tune with cultural and design trends, as well as, emerging talent.
• Candidates should have 7 years experience developing creative assets for multichannel social at a large brand, publisher or agency, including directing the work of others.
• Possess deep knowledge and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite – master of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
• At least 5 years of experience in mobile-first design and animation across digital and social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, Youtube, Twitter).
• Experience collaborating directly with Brand, Originals and Library Content art directors, creative directors, producers and animators to develop best-in-class entertainment social media video.
• Strong conceptual and aesthetic skills (color, illustration, typography, logo design, layout); retouching photography as needed, knowledge of social media/digital delivery.
• Experience organizing & creating efficiencies within a matrixed creative organization
• Passionate about designing killer thumb-stoppable creative.
• Experience with AfterEffects, C4D is a bonus.
• On top of (and ahead of) current design, social media and marketing trends and platforms; passionate about capturing the attention of hungry entertainment fans and audiences.
• Candidates should be endlessly creative: passionate about ideating and creating engaging social ideas and gorgeous video/photo concepts.