Designer, Original Content Marketing
New York, NY
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Peacock, NBCUniversal's video streaming service, seeks a visionary, accomplished, hands-on Art Director to serve as a key member of the Peacock in-house design team. A visual problem-solver and storyteller, the Peacock Brand Art Director will be responsible for conceptualizing and implementing visual design for a wide range of Peacock brand assignments, and will be responsible for ensuring Peacock design stays future-focused. With a track record of working across all mediums, the Art Director must possess an ability to communicate clear design concepts that ensure brand consistency, while also bringing new innovative designs to life in ways that work across not just brand marketing, but align with design solutions across Product, Editorial, Growth Marketing and Commerce, among others. Reporting directly to the Design Director of Brand Creative, the successful candidate will be an integral part of a highly collaborative creative team.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Articulating a design vision across a wide variety of projects--quickly bringing concepts to life as prototypes, then iterating and refining them while consensus building and gathering peer feedback.
• Keep up to date with Peacock's brand guidelines and rules from across the entire Marketing organization, ensuring all consumer-facing work maintains a consistent design voice and tone across every platform and touchpoint.
• Work closely with Creative Directors, Editorial Director, and Project Managers to help create design solutions that reflect the ''Peacock'' visual sensibility.
• Inspire and manage junior team members to achieve their creative potential, setting and maintaining the highest standards of creativity from concept to execution.
• Ensure a high volume of design elements are finished and delivered accurately and on time, while working with highly analytical data-driven assignments.
• Keep current on emerging design trends, focusing on brand design solutions within the streaming universe to bring fresh inspiration to the creative team (and our wider teams) daily.
• Get ready to PIVOT and work with great agility in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial marketing culture.
• 8+ years of work experience as a designer in digital media
• 2+ years of experience managing direct reports
• Expert level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and other design programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects, etc.)
• Excellent communication skills
• Impeccable typographic skills
• Working knowledge of digital/print production, photography, and photo-retouching.
*A portfolio of work must be submitted as part of the application process*
• Direct-to-consumer experience preferred
• Intense curiosity about digital design, typography, and creative cultures
• Strong editorial sensibilities
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rekn98-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.